The Wisconsin CESP Scholarships (CESP WI) are funded by an ongoing grant from the Wisconsin Board of Commissioners of Public Lands to the Nelson Institute. Eligibility criteria include:
- Be enrolled in the environmental studies major or certificate or sustainability certificate
- Have filed a FAFSA for the current academic year and have unmet financial need
- Have sophomore standing to apply and junior or senior standing to receive the scholarship
Requirements of all Scholarship Recipients
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress toward your environmental studies program and your degree.
- Enroll in a 1-credit Nelson Institute Community Environmental Scholars seminar (Environmental Studies 317) for at least three semesters in the program.
- Participate in cohort building experiences and leadership development activities throughout the year.
- Meet with a Nelson Institute undergraduate programs advisor to discuss your progress in your degree and/or certificate.
Diversity, including that of perspectives, culture, ethnicity, economics, and background, is very important to those of us in the Community and Environmental Scholars Program. CESP is built for students from a wide range of disciplines and interests, and we particularly encourage students from backgrounds that have been historically underrepresented in environmental studies (such as first generation in college, farm community, BIPOC, urban community, etc.) to apply and shape CESP’s future.