What is EOI?
The Environmental Observation & Informatics (EOI) Master of Science degree provides training that is in demand by industry, non-governmental organizations, government agencies, and academia. The program is rooted in the disciplines of:
- Environmental conservation
- Remote sensing and GIS
By spanning these 3 disciplines, you will be ready for a career at the intersection of the geospatial and environmental fields.
What You Will Learn
- Digital image analysis and interpretation (e.g. classification, change detection, atmospheric correction)
- Geospatial data science (e.g. data management, spatial statistics, machine learning algorithms, data visualization and storytelling)
- Policy and ethics of observational data
Areas of Focus
- Land use change and urbanization
- International and sustainable development
- Forest resources and management
- Sustainable agriculture
- Wildlife ecology and habitat conservation
To see examples of what you can do with the EOI degree, visit the Program Advantages page.