The Nature Conservancy
The Digital Communications and Events Coordinator will implement tactics in approved USN4C strategic communications plan. The Coordinator is responsible for managing USN4C’s website, including collecting, writing and editing content for the website and the program’s blog. The Coordinator maintains USN4C’s Twitter and LinkedIn accounts, develops and posts USN4C content, and tracks and amplifies coalition member communications. The Coordinator tracks and analyzes projects and data and reports metrics to the USN4C Steering Committee.
The Coordinator works with the USN4C Program Coordinator to plan and execute communications campaigns focused on elevating Natural Climate Solutions. The Coordinator is responsible for maintaining relationships with coalition member communications staff, including management of USN4C’s Communications Workgroup. The Coordinator collaborates with USN4C coalition members to coordinate and manage USN4C involvement at domestic and international events, including the UN Climate COP, NY Climate Week, and events sponsored by coalition members.
This position is currently funded through June 2023 with the possibility funding will be extended.
The U.S. Nature4Climate Digital Communications and Events Coordinator creates, implements, and coordinates tactical projects and ongoing work in accordance to the strategic communications plans. The Digital Communications and Events Coordinator coordinates with staff, vendors and coalition partners to implement assigned phases of the project(s) or assigned work to ensure deliverables are met.
The Coordinator oversees and manages the USN4C website and social media accounts, collecting, writing, and editing web content and social media posts, tracking digital engagement, and identifying opportunities to grow digital followers and impact. They assist in planning and executing communications campaigns, track and analyze program/project processes and results, and report findings to the team. They make recommendations for process, project, or program improvement.
The Coordinator will work closely with communications staff from coalition member organizations to identify events that can be leveraged to build support for NCS among key audiences, and coordinates with member organizations to ensure messaging and outreach tactics are aligned.
Responsibilities and Scope
- Coordinates and manages timelines for USN4C projects and domestic and international events.
- Leads digital and social media activities on behalf of the coalition.
- Duties are performed under general supervision and established guidelines.
- Works within a budget to complete assigned projects or work.
- Opportunity to act independently on assigned tasks.
- Works with vendors and communications staff with coalition partners to execute projects/deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 2 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience organizing and coordinating projects.
- Experience proofreading and editing business documents.
- Strong digital skills.
- Experience with implementation of strategic communications plans.
- Experience with event management.
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Solid knowledge of word processing, database management and spreadsheet software, with ability to construct and produce reports, use mail merges and advanced functions. Proficient in WordPress and Mailchimp.
- Excellent writing skills with ability to distill complex topics in a compelling manner that can be understood by multiple audiences.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Basic application knowledge of project management principles.
- Practical application of marketing concepts.
- Experience collaborating with multi-stakeholder networks.
Experience managing vendor relationships.
What We Bring
The Nature Conservancy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan to include employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits
We’re proud to offer a work environment that is supportive of the health, well-being, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
To apply for this job please visit careers.nature.org.