RENEW Wisconsin is a nonprofit organization dedicated to building a stronger, healthier, more vibrant Wisconsin through the advancement of renewable energy. We work on policies and programs that support solar power, wind power, biogas, local hydropower, geothermal energy, and electric vehicles.
RENEW Wisconsin is seeking a Community Outreach Intern for a limited-term employment position. This will be a part-time position, requiring 10 to 20 hours per week. The position will start on or after October 15, 2021 and will last through August 2022.
The Community Outreach Intern will support the MadiSUN and Solar for Good programs. These programs aim to help residents, businesses, affordable housing providers, and nonprofit organizations “go solar.” This is a great opportunity for individuals looking to gain experience and knowledge in solar electricity and renewable energy, as well as in communications.
Primary Responsibilities of Community Outreach Intern
- Conducting residential solar assessments with homeowners via telephone
- Educating members of the public about the benefits of solar electricity
- Updating and managing databases
- Planning and participating in outreach and educational events
- Additional administrative tasks as needed Job Requirements:
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- A strong interest in promoting renewable energy
- Able to work part-time (10-20 hrs/week) with the potential for additional hours as needed
- Available to work occasional evenings or weekend days
- Compensation: $10.00/hour
How to Apply: Please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October
1, 2021. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job please visit www.renewwisconsin.org.