North American Invasive Species Management Association
The North American Invasive Species Management Association (NAISMA) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to support, promote, and empower invasive species prevention and management in North America. NAISMA announces an employment opportunity for an Accounting and Program Assistant to provide critical team support to our growing organization. NAISMA seeks an energetic, proactive person who will provide support through general bookkeeping, grant accounting, and program assistance including database entry, mailings, processing store orders, scheduling, and other tasks as needed. The successful candidate will have experience in Quickbooks and Google sheets, online project management tools, work independently with little supervision, have good communication in a virtual environment, and will be excited to facilitate the organization’s growth and support our mission.
The successful candidate must be well organized, adaptable, have good communication skills and customer service, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and manage deadlines. This is a part-time position (minimum 17.5 hours / week) with a flexible schedule. Some work will be required to be completed in our downtown Milwaukee office at least 2 days a week. Our office follows CDC recommendations for COVID-19 safety. The ability to telecommute for a portion of the hours is an option. This position has the potential to grow to include additional hours if the organization achieves fundraising goals and the successful candidate has excellent performance.
Accounting and Program Assistant Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Accountant.
- Match credit card streaming services in Quickbooks, update ledger, and resolve discrepancies
- Organize bills for payment and issue checks.
- Prepare grant claim forms and other administrative forms.
- Create and send invoices through Quickbooks.
- Keep physical and digital office files organized.
- Research information and assist Program Managers, as needed.
- Enter data for programs.
- Track and process store orders and program mailings.
- Answer communications with clients and vendors via phone and email.
- Create and monitor completion of tasks and communicate with team members in our project management software, Basecamp.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies and inventory. Create orders for approval when needed.
- Accounting experience.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles, grant tracking, non-profit accounting processes, procedures and requirements, and Quickbooks.
- Nonprofit, administrative or other relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Google docs, sheets, and file sharing.
- Experience with Basecamp or another project management tool.
- Experience with WooCommerce or related eCommerce platform.
- Experience working with a CRM, AMS or related database.
- Excellent time management skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional manner and a strong ethical code.
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive.
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Associates degree or higher in accounting, business, or a related field or equivalent experience and at least 3 years of experience in accounting, office, and/ or program support.
- Experience with an environmental organization, invasive species, or a related field is a plus
Salary range: $16.00 – $20.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience with a limited flex benefit plan will be offered. Interested candidates should email a single pdf file with a cover letter and resume or CV with 2-3 references to: email@example.com with subject: “NAISMA Accounting and Program Assistant” by COB Monday, April 26. Applications will be reviewed as they come in and interviews may begin before the application deadline.
NAISMA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit naisma.org.