North American Invasive Species Management Association
The North American Invasive Species Management Association (NAISMA), in its 28th year, seeks a Development Director to take the organization to the next level of sustainable funding to support its mission: to support, promote, and empower invasive species prevention and management in North America. NAISMA has a welcoming, supportive, and collaborative culture that supports diverse ideas, perspectives, and encourages inclusiveness. Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director will spearhead development efforts as NAISMA continues to grow. As a new position in the organization, the Development Director will have the opportunity to build the development function. The Development Director will be responsible for diversifying NAISMA’s funding base with more individual members, donors, partner organizations, and sponsors; and research and secure private foundation and corporate grants. Continued funding for this position will be dependent on the successful candidate’s ability to raise new funds to meet fundraising goals and support their position.
- Develop and execute all aspects of NAISMA’s fundraising programs
- Develop and execute NAISMA’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Manage the implementation of a development tracking system and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Oversee the organization of special events
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Create reports post-event to analyze data and determine the marketing effectiveness for the fundraising program
- Work collaboratively with all programs to plan milestones and requirements of all teams within the organization regarding fundraising activities
- Work with the marketing department to create print and digital marketing materials related to fundraising
- Deliver presentations about the organization to virtual and in-person meetings as needed
- 5-7 years of fundraising experience
- Five-plus years experience in development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Experience managing and tracking donor contributions
- Demonstrated positive outcomes in fundraising
This is a full-time position with flexibility in working hours and can be largely completed remotely. This can be an employee or contractor-based position depending on the successful candidate’s demonstrated fundraising success and preferred time commitment. A 3- and 6-month review will be conducted to assess fundraising performance and fit with the organization. The expectation is that the successful candidate will achieve fundraising goals so that enough funds are raised to support the continuation of the position beyond the first year.
The salary range for this position is $60,000 – $68,000 with the possibility of a bonus compensation structure. Interested candidates should send their resumes, a cover letter and 2-3 references in one (1) single pdf in an email with subject line “Development Director Position Application” to Belle Bergner, Executive Director, email@example.com by COB May 14, 2021.
NAISMA is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, disability, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit naisma.org.