At Milwaukee Riverkeeper® we’re looking for more than just a person to fill a desk. We’re seeking people that share our passion for healthy rivers and communities. If you want to become a part of Milwaukee Riverkeeper, you will be empowered to work the way you work best. Your voice is important, you’ll help shape the role you’re in and the future of our organization. From top down and bottom up, we’re more than just a workplace, we sweat together, and play to win!
Plastic-Free MKE is a collaborative coalition working to make the city free from single-use plastic through education, awareness, and systemic change. The coalition strives to support businesses, events, and individuals working to reduce their plastic waste; educate residents of Milwaukee on the effects of plastic pollution; and work with partners to create systems to reduce plastic consumption on a larger scale.
The Sustainability Coordinator will serve as the Milwaukee Riverkeeper liaison to the Plastic-Free MKE coalition to engage the Milwaukee community in efforts and initiatives on single-use plastics.
- Recruit new volunteers and community partners
- Maintain regular communication with volunteers and community partners
- Help create publicity materials, such as newsletters and social media content
- Prepare supplies for events and meetings
- Train and coordinate volunteers to:
- Conduct business plastic-use audits
- Table and provide plastic-free support at community events
- Attend community-focused meetings
- Gather, organize, and evaluate program and event data
- Be onsite at events and programs
- Represent Milwaukee Riverkeeper at public events to help raise awareness of the organization
- Milwaukee Riverkeeper employees need to be flexible and may be asked to take on additional duties based on the organization’s needs and the staff member’s skills and abilities.
- Associates degree or higher preferred, or equivalent experience
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience working with volunteers is a plus
- Knowledge of basic software including Microsoft products
- Ability to resolve routine problems independently
- Ability to prioritize work according to the organization’s needs
- Willingness to work occasional weekends and evenings
Commitment to the environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to attend mandatory AmeriCorps orientation on September 13-17 and midterm training on January 12-14 in the Wisconsin Dells
This is a full-time AmeriCorps position. Members must commit to a year of service. Members must complete 1700 hours of service, averaging 35-40 hours per week from September 13, 2021 – August 31, 2022.
AmeriCorps Member receives a monthly living allowance (approx. $580 gross pay every two weeks), health insurance, and an educational award ($6,345) after successful completion of a year of service.
We will be reviewing candidates on a rolling basis. Please submit a PDF version resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org