Our expanding organization seeks to hire a full-time Operations Manager (OM) to join the Milwaukee Riverkeeper team. The OM will be a key part of the organization and will help to implement the vision of the Executive Director and Leadership Team, as directed by the Board of Directors. The OM will oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization, including management of the office, human resources, finances, and grants, including analysis and improvement of organizational processes to improve quality, productivity and efficiency. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Help manage recruitment, hiring, orientation of employees; implement compensation determinations; manage benefits for all staff.
- Oversee office management; liaison to building maintenance staff; IT and phone support.
- As directed, help to develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures.
- Assist with implementation and tracking of annual employee work plans.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance thereof.
- Help promote an organizational culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Administration of all financial plans and general financial oversight and monitoring.
- Oversee accounting: supervise bookkeeper; ensure adherence to accounting policies and practices; and coordinate and support preparation of annual audit with accounting firm.
- Supervise preparation of monthly financial reports and create additional reports as needed for grants, projects and Board meetings.
- Prepare annual budget in coordination with ED and staff.
- Present all relevant financial data for approval to ED and Board Finance Committee.
- Gather content for Annual Report; work with other staff on creation.
- Working with ED, help prepare materials for Board Meetings and act as staff liaison to relevant board committees.
- Lead administrative aspects of individual giving, corporate giving and grant management including donor research, data management, donor communications, pre proposal and grant application development, tracking and reporting.
- Assist with implementation and management of annual fundraising plan.
Milwaukee Riverkeeper employees are expected to be flexible and to take on additional duties as assigned, according to the organization’s needs and the staff member’s skills and abilities. Because we are a non-profit that serves the community, some events or projects may require an occasional night or weekend
Benefits include an attractive compensation package, including a base salary in the $40,000-$50,000 range, commensurate with experience, as well as dental, vision, health benefits, employer-match retirement and vacation benefits; generous comp-time policy; “Ecobucks” reimbursement; relaxed dress code; a fun, friendly office atmosphere; professional development and leadership opportunities; and an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the growth and evolution of Milwaukee Riverkeeper.
To apply for this job please visit www.milwaukeeriverkeeper.org.