Marek Landscaping, LLC
Marek Landscaping, LLC is a design-build firm founded in 1996 that provides sustainable design, construction, and stewardship of the land. Our focus is on natural areas management, shoreline stabilizations, green infrastructure, trails, and parks. With low-impact design methods, we use native plants and natural materials to design, construct, and support ecologically functional systems for public, private, and NGO clients. Current projects include bluff, shoreline, wetland, and prairie restorations, green infrastructure installations, and custom landscape design installations.
We are seeking a full time Vice President of Operations and Human Resources to join our company. Ideally, this person will share our love of the outdoors, ecology, thoughtful design, and quality workmanship, while possessing a strong desire to make a difference. If you are mission-oriented, dream of increasing biodiversity and improving the habitats of migratory species and want to work and grow alongside like-minded individuals in a growing business, we’d love to hear from you!
- Collaborate with the president and leadership team to identify, create, and implement strategic plans to actualize business objectives.
- Identify, recruit, train, and develop a talented team of employees.
- Manage company operations and provide monthly updates on company statistics including budget, estimates, marketing, and sales
- Co-lead and drive company culture and collaborative team dynamics.
- Guide planning for company operational systems, processes, and analytics.
- Identify potential sources of investment and organize fundraising efforts.
- Manage a budget from $1-3M.
- Co- Develop and guide policy and strategy.
- Co-plan and manage acquisitions, real estate, and recruitment.
- Oversee and guide Office Ecologist on marketing and social media plan (working directly with outside consultant).
- Represent the firm at social events and conferences in ways that strengthen the brand and communicate the firm’s mission.
- Project management
- Work directly with larger clients on expectations management and assist the Office Ecologist with CRM.
- Serve as project manager to effectively manage multiple large complex projects to meet deadlines and produce quality results that have positive impacts on our environment, including initial consultation, creating order of magnitude budgets, creating, and editing project proposals for both costs and narrative, deliver and present proposals to clients, and overseeing project to completion.
- Training and education
- Present the company’s work and educational topics to a variety of audiences including our employees, partners, at workshops and conferences.
- Help assess training needs and requirements across all departments and employees and support firm-wide training programs with planning, review, and implementation.
- Maintain current industry regulations, trends, and technology to improve business operations.
- Serve as editor in chief and facilitate collaboration amongst team for written communications.
- Office ecology
- Oversee and guide Office Ecologist for payroll procedures including online time tracking, vacation, reimbursements, and onboarding/offboarding employees.
- Work closely with leadership team to ensure all operational, administrative, and compliance functions within the firm are being properly executed in accordance with regulations.
- Lead and schedule postmortem meetings upon completion of projects.
- Help plan regular employee events for education purposes and for team building.
- Grant writing
- Prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals and assess projects and company development for new grant opportunities.
- Keep an ongoing schedule and calendar for all known available grants and continue to stay up to date with the latest opportunities of available grants.
- Advanced degree in Biology, Ecology, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science, related field, OR advanced degree in Business Administration with equivalent experience in an ecological field
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude for reporting and analytics using existing business software and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to conduct research for special projects, respond timely to new inquiries, and present written/ oral briefings.
- Ability to work with details and time-sensitive issues.
- Good decision-making skills and response to high-pressure situations.
- Experience in sales and estimating, project management, and supervision of at least 5 years.
- Salary based on experience.
- Generous paid vacation, flexibility for time off
- Company sponsored professional development opportunities
- Help direct a growing business in a rapidly growing field.
- Know that you’re making a huge positive impact on the planet and the industry of ecological restoration
Applicants can send their resume and cover letter to Mike@mareklandscaping.com
To apply for this job please visit mareklandscaping.com.