Evoqua Water Technologies
Evoqua Water Technologies LLC is currently seeking a Technical Sales Engineer (TSE) who is charged with building relationships with the Evoqua Representatives, Consulting Engineers, and End Users to maximize Evoqua’s presence and credibility within the biological products team. The TSE is responsible for developing the solution for a given project from the initial design, through project iterations, developing the bidding strategy, and staying with the project until turned over to Order Execution.
The Wastewater Technologies Division in the Municipal Segment partners with rep organizations throughout the region who represent Evoqua wastewater equipment and technologies, including: clarification, separation, digestion, biological processes, odor control, filtration, field erect treatment plants and others. This position is specific for the biological wastewater treatment product lines of Evoqua Water Technologies with a focus in design of new plants.
Core Responsibilities and Tasks
- Pipeline Management
- Build relationships with consulting engineers, contractors, and owners
- Maintain and manage all project opportunities in CRM System, maintain pipeline accuracy
- Analyze the pipeline to identify the key projects in your region. The TSE is responsible for regular calls, meeting summaries, driving the completion of all action items, and driving a strategy into the bidding of the project
- Become the point of contact with the Representative for any projects involving the technologies assigned to the TSE
Technical & Value Based Selling/ Bidding
- Responsible for the technical solution development following adequate discovery.
- Prepare budgetary proposal and pricing for project.
- Develop a competitive strategy at this initial project stage.
- Design the technology assigned from the basic design through complex applications.
- Prepare designs, proposals and provide a solution to the customer. Complete working knowledge of the technology design and operation is required
- Prepare detailed specifications and drawings for projects entering final design.
- Discuss design details with Customer, Technical Sales Manager, or Rep, as needed, to qualify our design and assist in the customer solution.
- Prepare all responses for Plan and Specification reviews prior to bidding at the request of the Engineer or Owner
- Prepare final commercial proposal, estimate the product bid price, and review the previous scope and pricing to assist in the final pricing strategy
- Support and be the point of contact for the transition from bid to Order Execution (OE) for each project won
- Typically manages independent Manufacturers’ Representatives
Planning & Reporting
- Maintain tools for the product including the design spreadsheet, product specifications, drawings, pricing, and existing automation tools
- Build a plan for customer visits, upcoming bids, pipeline, bookings against target, etc.
Participate in an annual strategy session that sets the targets for the product, develops sales strategy by region, decides actions required for growth, and outlines the timing
- Proactively develop a plan for regions with the greatest drivers for the technology assigned. Promote the technology in a region through technical workshops, trade show papers, operator shows, brown bag seminars, Rep training, Webinars, etc.
- A balance between bidding/proposal writing and customer facing time is expected
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering is highly preferred. Direct work experience in the municipal wastewater market may be substituted for the engineering degree if sufficient in length and exposure to the market.
- Ability to become a technology expert in 2-3 core technologies
- Highly organized and responsive
- Strong communication skills to interact with customers
- Knowledge of wastewater treatment systems and technologies
- 3-5 years of related experience is preferred, but not required
- Demonstrates knowledge of sales concepts and practices, product line sales management, and channel partner management
- Key Working Relationships: Application and customer requirements and needs
- Experience with Operations and multiple channel partners including Reps, Agents, contractors, consulting engineers, and end users.
To apply for this job please visit careers.evoqua.com.