EP Carbon, a technical consultancy and project developer, is seeking a carbon analyst to join our growing AFOLU carbon practice. EP Carbon, formerly ecoPartners, is a leader in forest carbon and AFOLU projects. For more than 10 years we have built projects oriented to the evolving carbon markets that benefit our clients, threatened ecosystems, and the lives of the disadvantaged. We have been successful innovators in the voluntary and compliance markets. EP Carbon specializes in the technical aspects of project design, planning and development: remote sensing, biometrics and accounting methodologies. EP Carbon has served as technical consultant for dozens of carbon projects around the world, accounting for over 100 million tonnes of verified reductions on nearly four million hectares. We are currently working on projects across the Americas, Africa, and Southeast Asia. Our impelling goals are conservation, impact, and to expand the utility of carbon finance.
The Carbon Analyst will perform documentation and analysis tasks on behalf of our clients engaged in carbon project development. Work involves analyzing land cover using ArcMap, analysis using Excel and R, report writing, conducting literature reviews, compiling data for analysis, documenting work products and assisting with project development. The Analyst works closely with Technical Managers, other analysts, and directors to ensure that project objectives are being achieved. Occasional domestic and international travel may be required. The position will primarily be based in Berkeley CA or Minneapolis MN, or could be fully remote for the right candidate.
- Completion of quality work items and deliverables with oversight of technical managers.
- Technical analyses including geospatial, remote sensing, statistical, and ecosystem modeling.
- Documentation and report writing.
- Analysis of land cover using ArcMap and other GIS products.
- Analysis using Excel and R.
- Literature reviews and documentation analysis.
- Data compilation.
- Documenting work products.
- Support development of several domestic and international projects.
- Attend internal and external meetings and conference calls when requested.
- Routine correspondence by videoconference, phone, email and calendar with stakeholders and EP Carbon team members.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Hold Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a demonstrated interest in conservation, GIS, natural resources, forestry or environmental studies.
- Have good oral and written communication skills.
- Have good time‐management and self‐management skills, and are able to take direction and work independently to reach identified goals on a set timeline.
- Are organized and attentive to detail.
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office software, as well as Windows operating systems.
- Are able to maintain a high level of professionalism and discretion in dealing with highly sensitive project deliverables.
- Have a commitment to solving the environmental challenges of our time.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally (limited).
- Able to work effectively with remote team members throughout the U.S.
- Compensation commensurate with qualifications.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match on contributions
- Flexible PTO policy that includes paid holidays and additional PTO.
- Health insurance reimbursement.
- Monthly commuter benefit.
- Use of company resources and laptops for remote office.
- Practical experience in the rapidly growing sector of carbon credits for ecosystem services.
- Abundant technical resources (software and hardware) at the cutting edge of forest biometrics and carbon valuation.
- A flexible, open work environment.
- A proven commitment to mentoring early-career employees.
- Interested candidates should submit the following in application to the position:
- CV or resume
- Short cover letter describing your interest in the position and corresponding experience.
- EP Carbon is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply either to Indeed or by sending application materials to Samantha Youngdale, Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.