Dane County Farmers' Market
The Assistant Market Manager position requires a diverse skill set, flexibility, and a love for the DCFM. The position also requires an understanding of agriculture, food distribution, and local foods, as well as a demonstrated office and people skills.
This year-round, hourly position requires 30 hours per week, and includes some Saturday work. The Assistant Market Manager reports directly to and works with the Dane County Farmers’ Market Manager. Hourly pay rate is $19 – $21/hour, dependent upon experience.
The Dane County Farmers’ Market is one of the largest and most successful producer-only farmers’ markets in the United States. The market operates year-round in downtown Madison, Wisconsin and has grown to include four distinct markets: the Saturday Market on the Square, the Wednesday Market, the Holiday Market, and the Late Winter Market.
General Job Responsibilities
- Work with Board of Directors and staff to fulfill the mission of the DCFM
- Oversight of the orderly functioning, collection of stall fees, and bank deposits for the Wednesday Market
- Oversight of the orderly functioning and collection of stall fees for at least seven Saturday Markets on the Square per season
- With the Manager, oversight of the orderly function, collection of stall fees, and bank deposits of the Holiday Market
- With the Manager, oversight of the orderly function, collection of stall fees, and bank deposits for the Late Winter Market
- Enforcement of market rules and regulations, as outlined in the By-laws and Rule Book
- Clear communication with Market Manager, Board of Directors, members, other agencies, and the general public
- Member support and assistance, as appropriate
- General office management, record keeping, and clerical tasks, as directed by the Manager
- With the Manager, develop and execute a marketing and promotion strategy, including the development of marketing materials
- Work with the Food Access Coordinator to successfully provide EBT services for the market
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather, including rain, snow, and cold
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter), Google Suite
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite, web page design and maintenance
The Assistant Market Manager position requires a high-level of independence and ownership over their work for the Market. When not at the Market, job duties are performed remotely. Duties and tasks may vary greatly from week to week, depending upon the season and current priorities; however, a general categorization of time and duties is below:
Market Operations = 30%
Includes, but not limited to, planning, on-site oversight, financial reconciliation, and records, tracking, metrics and EBT administration as needed.
Office Management and Clerical Tasks = 40%
Includes, but not limited to, assisting the Manager with member application and records management, fulfilling gift card orders, waitlist management, website administration and general office organization.
Marketing and Promotion = 20%
Includes, but not limited to, creation of promotional materials, website maintenance, creation of customer newsletters, image management, and social media management.
Priority Projects = 10%
On an annual basis, the Assistant Market Manager will work with the Market Manager to develop an Annual Work Plan which will outline priority projects, larger tasks, and goals for the year.
How to apply
Please submit a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by 11:59PM on June 20th, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit dcfm.org.