Clean Lakes Alliance
Clean Lakes Alliance seeks a Watershed Engagement Intern to join our passionate and dedicated team. Clean Lakes Alliance is a 501(c)3 nonprofit devoted to improving the water quality of area lakes, streams, and wetlands in the Yahara River Watershed. Working closely with government agencies, waterway user groups, local businesses, farmers and riparian owners, our organization serves as a positive voice in promoting our cherished lakes and a fundraising arm for project execution. We envision a future in which everyone views our lakes as the center of the community. To learn more about our work and values, please visit: cleanlakesalliance.org.
Watershed Engagement Interns play a vital role in the organization, helping to coordinate projects, assisting with program implementation, and facilitating event organization and preparation. Under the supervision of professional staff, these internships provide organizational and logistical support for a variety of programs. This is a paid internship for Spring and Summer 2022, and with the possibility of extension.
Example Job Duties
The Program and Outreach Intern will provide logistic and administrative support for various Clean Lakes Alliance programs, events, and administrative projects including but not limited to the following:
- Assist in the planning, organization, and preparation for Clean Lakes Alliance programs and events such as Renew the Blue Volunteer Days, Water Quality Monitoring, Clean Boats, Clean Waters, and a variety of events.
- Writing and editing event and program outreach materials.
- Contribute to reporting, tracking, and outcome documentation for various programs, including thank you notes, reports, and summary analysis
- Support the efforts of the Annual Campaign such as preparing donor lists, letter stuffing operations, and yard sign delivery
- Assist with other activities as needed to raise awareness, increase volunteerism, empower individual action, and help advocate for projects and policies that benefit our lakes.
- Undergraduate coursework in environmental science, limnology, watershed or stormwater engineering, water resources management, ecology and conservation, science communication, or other applicable discipline or professional work experience that relates to the role and responsibilities of the position.
- Foundational knowledge of the biological, chemical, ecological, and physical dynamics of rivers, streams, wetlands and lakes and their connection to landscapes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and adaptable, with an ability to juggle the demands of multiple programs and deadlines and work independently.
- A flexible, resourceful, and detail-oriented person who can excel in a fast-paced setting.
- Proficient in the use of Excel and PowerPoint.
Work Environment and Hours
- 32-40 hours per week beginning immediately, with an anticipated start date of May 1st, and extending through August 2022. Scheduling to be determined based on organizational needs and candidate availability. Clean Lakes Alliance work hours are generally 8:00-5:00 M-Th and 8:00-12:00 F.
- Occasional evening and weekend work that generally corresponds with Clean Lakes Alliance-sponsored events. Must be able to work outdoors independently rain or shine.
- All Volunteer Days are held outdoors and access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license are required. Workdays involve lifting and transportation of tools and equipment used in moderate-intensity outdoor work.
- We offer a hybrid work model, with some remote work and some performed in a small, open office environment. Occasional off-site work is required for the purpose of supporting outdoor events and program activities. Must have access to a personal laptop or home computer that can be used to perform work away from the office.
- Job location: Verex Plaza, 150 East Gilman Street, Suite 2600, Madison, Wisconsin 53703. On bus line and short walk or bike ride from the UW-Madison campus.
Please email a letter of interest and resume with contact information to email@example.com by 12:00 p.m. CST on Tuesday, April 26th. Include “Watershed Engagement Intern” in the subject header.
Clean Lakes Alliance values diverse life experiences and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage candidates of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, and backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.cleanlakesalliance.org.