March 9, 2015
Students: The Nelson Institute is seeking your best photos of the beautiful UW-Madison campus for our #BeautifulUW photo contest. Up for grabs: Free registration to our Earth Day conference on April 20, featuring keynote speaker Neil deGrasse Tyson!
How to enter
For the next two weeks, from March 9-20, upload to Instagram your favorite photo of #BeautifulUW. Be sure to include the #BeautifulUW hashtag and @NelsonInstitute in the caption.
Feel free to use a photo that you’ve previously taken, but it must be posted between March 9 and March 20.
Enter our #BeautifulUW photo
contest for a chance at free
admission to the Earth Day
conference with Neil deGrasse
Tyson. Photo: David Gamble
Selection of winner
After the entry period closes (11:59 p.m. on March 20), the Nelson Institute social media team will select five finalists and post these photos to an album on the Nelson Institute Facebook page on March 23. At the end of the week, at 11:59 p.m. on March 27, the photo in the Facebook album with the most likes will win!
The student with the winning photo will receive one free student registration to the Nelson Institute Earth Day Conference on April 20 at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center (value $35).
The conference, themed Hard Science, Tough Choices, will feature a keynote address by renowned astrophysicist and author Neil deGrasse Tyson and a full day of learning and discussion around the latest science, perspectives and possibilities presented by our rapidly changing planet. View the conference agenda.
If the winner is already registered for the conference, they will receive a full refund of their registration costs.
Rules for participation
- Must be a current UW-Madison student.
- Must follow @NelsonInstitute on Instagram.
- Photo must be posted to Instagram and caption must include the hashtag #BeautifulUW and @NelsonInstitute.
- Photo must be appropriate in content and original to the student submitting it.
- Photo must be posted between March 9 and March 20; submission period closes at 11:59 p.m. on March 20. Photo voting period on Facebook ends at 11:59 p.m. on March 27.
- Winner will be notified via a comment on their photo entry on Instagram.
- Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the winner's name and/or photo in promotional efforts.