Camp Decorah is a Boy Scouts of America (Scouts BSA) Camp that offers summer camp, and camp and cabin rentals. The Purpose is to provide a variety of summer camp and other program experiences which expose youth to a variety of outdoor and life skills and provides a fun, safe program. Programs will be provided in summer 2022 to both Scouting groups as well as other youth organizations and members of the public.
Camp Decorah’s Recreational Programming Support Team Member provides programming to youth attendees at Camp Decorah and also assist in providing a variety of support functions for other Camp Decorah programming.
1). Provide direct programming to Scout members at Camp Decorah during summer 2022 season
- Serve as a Camp Counselor Area Director at Camp Decorah for a specific program
- Develop programming specific to the merit badges and open program activities directed by camping leadership team
- Oversee 1-2 camp counselors
- Ensure program quality standards are met
- Areas could include
- Caretaker: assist with daily facility needs including basic maintenance, trash pick up, daily/weekly reports & purchasing, mowing, etc.
- Kitchen Team: work with others to provide for daily food service needs. Maintain a clean working environment, prep pre-cooked meals, salad bar, beverages, etc.
- Archery: instruct the Archery merit badge and assist with shooting sports programming
- Camp Store Manager: be responsible for daily and weekly inventory, customer service, and a fun environment
- Update weekly electronic records of accomplishments completed at camp for each attendee
- Assist with managing weekly check in for campers
- Support Camp Operations with specific tasks such as purchasing and delivery of materials from La Crosse office to Camp Decorah
- Develop Camp Decorah programming for non-Scout user
- Use existing materials – brochure and website – to develop plan to approach schools, businesses, other non-profits
- Develop programming for these groups such as half-day and full-day field trip template Work directly with scheduled groups in June / August 2022
- Candidate must be at least age 18
- Ability to get along with people and to have a friendly and helpful attitude
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and have a reliable vehicle with insurance
- Ability to plan work week and schedule tasks without direct supervision
- Programming experience.
- Summer camp experience a plus.
- Experience in outdoor recreation (kayaking, canoeing, hiking) a plus.
To apply for this job please visit wiscorps.wufoo.com.