Guided by priorities identified through the collaboratively-developed UW-Platteville 2025 Sustainability Plan, the Sustainability Coordinator will lead campus efforts to cultivate a culture of sustainability by informing campus operations, guiding the stewardship of campus lands and resources, contributing to student education and experiences, and working toward social equity.
This will be accomplished through collaboration with the members of Facilities Management, Academic Affairs, the Environmental Sustainability Committee, and the faculty, staff, students, and administrators of the UW-Platteville community, as well as engagement with diverse local, state, and regional stakeholder groups.
Recent campus accomplishments include:
- Installation of a 2.4 megawatt solar array
- 21% reduction in scope 1 & 2 greenhouse gas emissions
- Pending LEED Silver certification for the newly constructed Sesquicentennial Hall
- Receipt of a $98,000 Public Service Commission of Wisconsin Energy Innovation grant
- Growing engagement with campus lands
Building on these efforts, the Sustainability Coordinator will assess ongoing campus activities and guide future sustainability planning and implementation efforts toward the pillars of people, planet, and profit – ensuring that social equity, environmental health, and fiscal responsibility are all integral to our campus operations. The Sustainability Coordinator will have the opportunity to synthesize their own vision with the substantial energy, enthusiasm, and accomplishments of the three University of Wisconsin-Platteville campuses (UW-Platteville, UW-Platteville Baraboo Sauk County, and UW-Platteville Richland) to cultivate sustainability in our institution.
Salary for this position is $52,000-$65,000 commensurate with experience. This is a full-time benefited and paid leave eligible position.
- A bachelor’s degree in related field or 4 years related experience
- 2 years of experience – OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A comprehensive understanding of sustainability practices and experience with leading the implementation of sustainability-related projects and programs
- Experience with or willingness to learn sustainability reporting and assessment protocols according to national standards, including but not limited to the AASHE STARS program
- Sufficient training and experience to efficiently collect, organize, and submit data using standard software and online platforms
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to lead and work as a productive member of diverse teams with attention to issues of equity and inclusion
To apply for this job please visit careers.uwplatt.edu.