The project assistant for Water@UW-Madison works with faculty, staff and student committees to coordinate activities and organize events designed to create a sense of community amongst water scholars of all career stages and in all areas of research or study. Candidates for this position must be able to take initiative, work independently and possess strong administrative, computer, and organizational skills.
- Collaborate with the Water@UW-Madison Executive Committee to engage members of the campus community by planning and conducting activities and events related to water, including symposia, seminars, career networking meetings, social gathering and other events designed to increase the visibility and participation in water research at UW Madison.
- Provide staff support to the Water@UW-Madison Executive Committee, including scheduling meetings, planning agendas, and providing meeting minutes.
- Develop content and publish the weekly Water@UW e-newsletter.
- Send email communications to faculty/staff/grad students interested in Water@UW-Madison issues and events.
- Contribute to development and maintenance of the Water@UW-Madison website.
- Assist with other Water@UW-Madison initiatives as they arise.
- Other basic organizational maintenance includes seeking matching funds for outside speakers, maintaining the list-serve, and maintaining the relevant archives.
- Taking on additional projects well suited to the PA’s strengths and interests that will advance Water@UW-Madison’s goals
To apply for this job please visit studentjobs.hr.wisc.edu.