UW-Madison Dept of Horticulture
Dr. Yi Wang’s Sustainable Vegetable Production laboratory (UW-Madison Dept. Horticulture) is seeking applicants for two entry level student hourly laboratory positions. The objective of the research is to evaluate plant nitrogen status of potatoes and kidney beans. Primary duties for this position include data entry from hand-writing notebooks to the computer, as well as preparation and analysis of plant tissue samples specifically drying, weighing, and grinding. Anticipated start date of September 1st is expected, earlier start date possible. Successful applicants will be punctual, self-motivated, and find analytical work rewarding.
This is a part-time lab technician position. Pay is $10.50 – $11.50/hour depending on qualifications and previous work experiences.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled; interviews will be scheduled ASAP.
- Assist faculty and graduate students with plant tissue analysis and data management.
- preparation of plant and soil samples for analysis (80%)
- Organize and archive research samples and data (20%)
- Specific Requirements
- Must has experience in analytical lab setting or provide strong evidence of ability/potential
- Must be comfortable working significant figures and accessing level of accuracy/precision for tasks
- Must be able to follow written procedures
- Must be able to work in a dusty environment
- May be able to lift heavy items repeatedly and stand/stay on feet for many hours
How to Apply
Please submit application to Yi Wang via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Complete applications include:
- Resume outlining school and any work experience
- One paragraph describing your skills as related to lab work
- One paragraph describing your academic and work goals
- Transcript of college coursework (unofficial transcripts are ok)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com