U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
The Fellow will serve as a communications specialist supporting the Delaware River Basin Restoration Program. Specific duties include generating content for blogs, web, and social media; building relationships with media within the watershed and regularly pitching stories; working with the FWS Delaware River Basin Restoration Program to develop and implement internal and external communications and outreach strategies in support of program goals and objectives.
The fellow would focus on identifying and producing stories about funded projects and activities of the Delaware River Basin Restoration Program, and could include the following tasks:
• Interviewing FWS and partner subject matter experts and producing blogs, social media and web content, and news stories/pitches that reach a variety of target audiences.
• Assisting with website development, photography, videos, and other multimedia products coordinating with our regional External Affairs team.
• Researching and compiling lists of media outlets and social media influencers within the target geography.
• Assisting with development and production of resource materials such as talking points, fact sheets, infographics, slideshow presentations.
• Assisting with development and implementation of strategic communications plans for internal and external audiences.
• Participating in External Affairs team meetings (weekly) and DRBRP team meetings (biweekly) and related meetings and/or webinars as needed.
To apply for this job please visit rayfellowship.org.