The Savanna Institute is seeking a sharp, resourceful Administrative Assistant to support our Administrators, Farmers, Researchers, and Fundraisers in their efforts to expand the reach of Agroforestry. The ideal candidate knows (or is ready to learn) the tools and systems of nonprofit management, can both keep a routine and respond quickly to high-priority requests, and has the curiosity and versatility to help complete projects in all areas of the organization.
We seek applicants who share our passion for ecological and equitable agriculture as a nature-based climate solution and who are motivated to widen the circle of who has the opportunity to inform, support, and benefit from its development. To that end, we are seeking a diversity of voices at the table and strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
The Savanna Institute is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Madison, Wisconsin and Urbana, Illinois. Established in 2013, we work in collaboration with farmers, scientists, and other stakeholders to develop perennial food and fodder crops within multifunctional systems grounded in ecology and inspired by the savanna biome. Our work aims to lay the groundwork for widespread agroforestry in the Midwest US via strategic research and education. For more information, please visit our website.
How To Apply
All applications must be received by 11:59pm CT on December 9, 2021
Questions? Email Brandi Brandes, Administrative Director, email@example.com.
- Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions.
- Manages data input and management in Salesforce
- Coordinates and schedules travel, meetings, and appointments for managers or
- Prepares agendas and schedules for meetings.
- Records and distributes minutes or other records for meetings.
- Maintains office supplies and coordinates maintenance of office equipment.
- Prepares and sends donor acknowledgement letters
- Retrieves information as requested from records, email, minutes, and other related
documents; prepares written summaries of data when needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for learning organizational tools and systems
- Proficient in Google suite, including docs and sheets
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and
- Ability to work independently.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or at least 3 years related work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in required administrative skills
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
To apply for this job please visit www.savannainstitute.org.