The Event Planning and Marketing Intern will support electric vehicle (EV) event planning and marketing especially for Electric Vehicle (EV) Ride and Drives, tabling at conferences, and other events. The goal of this work is to build awareness of the benefits of driving electric through community engagement, outreach, and education. This is a great opportunity for people who want to gain more experience in the rapidly growing EV market, and conduct outreach to plan, market, and manage events.
RENEW Wisconsin is a nonprofit organization that promotes renewable energy in Wisconsin. We work on policies and programs that expand solar power, wind power, biogas, local hydropower, geothermal energy, and electric vehicles.
Primary Responsibilities as the EV Event Planning and Marketing Intern
- Conduct outreach (cold-call/email) to local and statewide dealerships to attend EV Ride and Drives and similar events
- Conduct outreach (cold-call/email) to local and statewide EV owners to attend EV Ride and Drives and similar events
- Coordinate event logistics and plan meetings with partners and stakeholders, as appropriate
- Market events via social media, blogs, etc., to maximize reach and raise awareness of events
- Attend events in-person and help coordinate activities on site (some work will be required on evenings and weekends)
- Pursuing an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in any discipline
Students studying or interested in business, marketing, sales, events, vehicle technology may be particularly well suited to this opportunity
- A strong interest in electric vehicles and the electric vehicle market
- Strong and effective verbal communication skills
- Outgoing and personable
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Able to work (10-20 hours/week) on average
- Must be comfortable cold-calling prospective event partners and participants
- Organized and detail-oriented
Compensation: $10.00/hour, part-time (10-20 hours/week) for up to one year, with the option to extend the position
Send resume, cover letter to Jeremy@renewwisconsin.org
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job please visit www.renewwisconsin.org.