REAP Food Group
The REAP Community and Youth Engagement Intern will work directly with REAP’s Farm to School Director and Community Partnership Coordinator to promote, develop, and facilitate REAP Food Group’s Summer Programming Initiatives. Initiatives focus on food justice, food sovereignty, sustainability through the local food system, and culturally-relevant health, wellness, and nutrition education for Madison youth and the greater Madison community.
Along with the REAP Community Partnerships Coordinator, the Farm to School Community Engagement Intern will be responsible for facilitating the Teens in the Food System Pilot curriculum at two Madison Community Centers, three evening Mobile Madison Celebration Events, and three afternoon Wellness Events with Roots4Change, with additional activities and events as needed and as available.
This internship is an excellent opportunity for those with interests in food justice, food sovereignty, sustainability, and the local food system. This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and the ability to traverse potentially uneven city park and event location terrain. Travel throughout the city of Madison is required, with the intern providing their own means of transportation. Mileage reimbursement is available for work-related travel in a personal vehicle.
- Experience in education, nutrition, environmental science, or agriculture
- Experience working with youth
- Experience interacting with socially, economically, racially and/or ethnically diverse populations
Hours and Pay Rate
The internship will run from June 12 – August 20, and will require up to 20 hours per week, with an average of 10-15 hours/week. Pay rate of $16.00 per hour.
The internship requires attendance at the following events. Please let us know in your application if there are any of these dates you will be unable to work.
Teens in the Food System Pilot Curriculum
- Tuesdays, June 21 – August 9, 12:00pm – 5:30pm, Bayview Community Center, Madison
- Thursdays, June 30 – July 28, 1:00pm – 6:00pm, Lussier Community Center, Madison
Mobile Madison Community Events
- Thursday, June 16 12:00pm – 8:30pm, Elver Park, Madison
- Thursday, July 21 12:00pm – 8:30pm, Brittingham Park, Madison
- Thursday, August 18 12:00pm – 8:30pm, Reindahl Park, Madison
Mobile Madison and Roots4Change Events
- Monday, June 27 3:00pm – 8:30pm, Allied Park
- Tuesday, July 19 3:00pm – 8:30pm, Leopold Park
- Tuesday, August 9 3:00pm – 8:30pm, Darbo/Worthington Park
REAP Staff Meeting
- Tuesday, June 14 12:30pm – 1:45pm, 306 East Wilson Street, Madison
- Tuesday, July 19 12:30pm – 1:45pm, 306 East Wilson Street, Madison
- Tuesday August 16 12:30pm – 1:45pm, 306 East Wilson Street, Madison
Application Procedure and Deadline
Please submit a resume and a letter of interest that details your personal and professional strengths for this internship to email@example.com.
Applications may also be mailed to: Farm to School Community Engagement Internship Search, REAP Food Group, 306 E. Wilson St., Suite 2W, Madison, WI 53703.
REAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workplace and we value diverse life experience and backgrounds in its hiring process. We encourage individuals with close ties to Madison Metropolitan School District (MMSD) schools and/or Madison neighborhoods to apply. Those who are multilingual or multicultural, members of racial/ethnic minority groups, veterans, LGBTQ, and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline: Friday, June 3 or until filled
To apply for this job please visit reapfoodgroup.org.