The Project Manager will support #DiverseCornBelt, an exciting, new 5-year funded initiative led by Horticulture and Landscape Architecture. The Project Manager will have the opportunity to lead and coordinate the planning and execution of project components, including research, Extension and education and will liaise with project partners at other institutions. Additional duties will include:
- Keep track of relevant data for annual reports and will write annual reports
- Work closely with the communications team to ensure an updated website and social media presence
- Oversee development of fact sheets and other promotional materials
- Ensure the project’s Advisory Committee is informed
- Coordinate across institutions and teams to ensure progress is being made
- Work closely with the PI to flag any concerns with progress
- Schedule and organize team meetings
- Coordinate with the project Evaluator to ensure access to relevant information
- Coordinate with team members to order supplies, book facilities, pay consultants, and other similar tasks
- Oversee the project’s budget and coordinate with department’s business office
- Master’s degree
- 2 years’ work experience in the area of sustainable agriculture, especially in the Midwestern US
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered; Bachelor’s degree + 4 years of experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary team
- This is a 5 year limited duration position through 12/2026. Continuation dependent upon additional funding.
- All new hires will be expected to follow Protect Purdue guidelines. To learn more, visit our website
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.purdue.edu.