Power Engineers, Inc.
POWER Engineers is seeking a self-motivated civil, structural, or mechanical engineering student for an internship in the Portland (Lake Oswego), OR office. Under the guidance of experienced staff, the successful candidate will learn to design overhead transmission line structures, foundations, and their related facilities; create bidding, construction, or record drawings and support documents; become familiar with industry-specific design engineering concepts/software; etc.
The successful candidate can expect to work in a fast-paced team environment with high expectations for learning, individual growth, and personal responsibility
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in civil, structural, or mechanical engineering, engineering management, or engineering technology from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Relevant coursework includes (3) or more of the following: structural analysis, concrete design, steel design, geotechnical and foundations engineering, surveying, vibrations, strengths of materials, statics and dynamics, and electrical circuits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with quick proficiency in Word/Excel
- Candidate is legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. without the need for work sponsorship
- Attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills will be critical for successfully completing tasks
- Prior internship and/or engineering experience is a plus, more so if it originates from a related industry or a non-related consulting engineering firm
- Familiarity with design, drafting, or engineering software such as AutoCAD, MathCAD, Solidworks is a plus
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us
To apply for this job please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.