The Pollinator Partnership (P2) seeks to hire a motivated, detail-oriented Field Researcher in Northwest Arkansas.
The Field Researcher will provide programmatic support for P2’s Monarch Wings Across America (MWAA) program.
MWAA involves a multi-component campaign to addressing the recent alarming decline in monarchs and the fragmentation of the annual migration through research, ground-truthing, technical guidance and outreach. MWAA supports the spectacular migration through monarch habitat planting.
The Field Researcher should be comfortable working outside and willing and able to work across various habitat settings.
• Study site evaluations and plant establishment assessments.
• Primary plant-pollinator interaction data collector; including richness and abundance data gathering, and site characteristic monitoring (plant lists and photographs).
• Some site maintenance during monitoring visits.
• Bi-weekly data transmissions to the Program Manager.
• Participating in data collection and habitat monitoring training.
• Coordinating site visits with the Program Manager and MWAA Partners.
• Adhering to COVID-19 best management practices and on-site symptom screening procedures ( temperature check, symptom questionnaire, mask wearing, and physical distancing).
• Access to a dependable vehicle and personal vehicle insurance coverage
• Proactive, quick learner, with the ability to see and track small insects
• College degree (or proof of current enrollment in an accredited university)
• Plant and/or pollinator identification skills
• Dependable, well-organized, and detail-oriented
• Computer literate (MS Office programs)
About the Pollinator Partnership
The Pollinator Partnership (P2) is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to protect and restore populations of pollinator species. As the world’s largest organization devoted exclusively to the preservation of birds, bees, butterflies, beetles, and bats, P2 plays a key role in preserving terrestrial ecosystems, promoting agricultural productivity, and enhancing local communities through pollinator-centered work.
P2 has been actively supporting the conservation and protection of pollinators throughout North America since 1996. A multifaceted approach using original science; habitat preservation and creation; policy outreach; and public education has helped us achieve our goals in pollinator conservation. 25 years of success include the institutionalization of pollinator policy into government and industry practice, the creation of habitat across North America in urban areas and key wild land landscapes, providing local citizens and school with educational materials, and working to increase our scientific knowledge of pollinator populations.
For more information, visit www.pollinator.org.
Location: Springdale, Arkansas.
Deadline to apply: March 19, 2021
Schedule: The Field Researcher will be required to conduct bi-weekly data collection visits to the study site between April and November 2021.
Compensation: This is a contract position. $125.00 per day for field work and $12 per hour for office work. Mileage to and from the project site will be reimbursed dependent on the researcher’s location and will not exceed a set amount.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email the following information to Amber Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover letter describing why you are a good fit for the position
• Attach the resume and cover letter as 1 PDF
• Please name the email subject and attached PDF “Arkansas Field Researcher – Last Name, First Name.”
• An inability to following the instructions above will result in an automatically rejected application.
No phone calls please.
To apply for this job please visit www.pollinator.org.