North American Invasive Species Management Association
The North American Invasive Species Management Association (NAISMA), a non-profit 501(c)3 organization in its 28th year, seeks a Website and Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator to oversee our LMS; build out a new LMS on MemberClicks, an Association Management System; and oversee the security, functionality and content editing of three WordPress websites with WooCommerce integrations: naisma.org, nisaw.org, and playcleango.org. The LMS management will support our existing Certified Weed Free Products Program and Certified Manager of Invasive Species courses in a Moodle system hosted by Remote Learner. New course content will be developed in MemberClicks LMS. The successful candidate will work with our teams to ensure that all LMS and website functions run smoothly and are secure, student and team needs are met in a timely manner, and that NAISMA Program Directors and Managers are supported with data management and user-functionality support. This is a part-time position based out of our Milwaukee, WI office that can be completed 100% remotely from any location in the U.S. with a flexible telecommuting schedule. Quick response time during normal business hours will be critical, with all service requests responded to and completed within 1 business day.
Our Association consists of a network of professional members in all fifty states, as well as in Canada and Mexico who implement management programs to prevent the detrimental impacts of invasive species to North America’s lands and waters. NAISMA’s mission is to support, promote, and empower invasive species prevention and management in North America. We accomplish our mission by providing programs, resources, and networking opportunities that bridge jurisdictional and geographic divides.
Website Administration Responsibilities
- Collaborate with teams to discuss, analyze, or resolve usability issues.
- Test new software packages for use in web operations or other applications.
- Set up or maintain monitoring tools on web servers or websites.
- Test performance, security, backup or recovery plans regularly and resolve any problems.
- Recommend website improvements, and develop budgets to support recommendations.
- Implement updates, upgrades, and patches in a timely manner.
- Provide training or technical assistance in web site implementation or use.
- Perform user testing or usage analyses to determine websites’ effectiveness or usability.
- Correct testing-identified problems, or recommend actions for their resolution.
- Gather, analyze, or document user feedback to locate or resolve sources of problems.
- Develop website performance metrics including Google analytics and marketing goals
- Determine sources of web page or server problems, and take action to correct such problems.
- Work with teams to review or update web page content or links in a timely manner.
- Monitor web site security measures, such as firewalls and report to appropriate personnel.
Learning Management System (LMS) Responsibilities
- Lead the development and administration of the Remote Learner (Moodle-based) learning management system (LMS);
- Set up new LMS in MemberClicks Association Management System;
- Upload new and updated course content as needed;
- Provide course design recommendations to the team;
- Facilitate testing of course updates, new courses, and bug fixes with Program Manager and teams.
- Manage LMS functions including monitoring course content, course approvals, and evaluation;
- Create/publish/archive online/instructor-led courses, add/deletes resources, monitor accounts, reset passwords, and maintain system parameters;
- Administer LMS user accounts; sets and maintains security roles and access levels;
- Provide system maintenance which includes upgrades and updates, configuration, troubleshooting, debugging, and user access testing;
- Maintain data integrity rules and processes for the LMS, such as course descriptions, course or class changes, and instructors;
- Investigate and resolve any data or system inconsistencies or discrepancies;
- Lead the establishment, documentation, and enforcement of registration, scheduling, and cancellation policies and procedures;
- Maintain all LMS instructor course materials and provide support related to document control system requirements;
- Ensure connection and automation between website, AMS, and LMS systems.
- Process course updates and monitor user access for monthly usage reporting;
- Provide ongoing technical support to the learning management system;
- Provide training and technical support to users and team members;
- Prepare written reports, training materials, and standard operating procedures when needed;
- Identify and communicate opportunities for process and quality improvements, as well as provide feedback on real-world usage, defects, and suggested enhancements;
- Seek opportunities to increase internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in IT, eLearning, or related field;
- 2-4 years experience in LMS;
- Proficiency in WordPress and Elementor website builder
- Experience with instructional design
- Experience working with LMS and Website media, including H5P
- Experience with HTML, CSS, PHP
- Familiarity with WooCommerce
This is a part-time, non-exempt position with an hourly rate of $26 – $33 depending on the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications. A contractor position with a higher hourly rate and the responsibility of tax-payment and reporting on the contractor may be offered if the successful candidate prefers. Interested candidates, please email a single pdf file with a cover letter; resume or CV; portfolio of websites that the applicant has managed; and 2-3 references to:
email@example.com with subject: “NAISMA Website and LMS Administrator” by COB Wednesday, May 12, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis and the position will be filled as soon as possible.
NAISMA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit naisma.org.