If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
Location: Burlington, WI
Additional Locations: Chicago, IL
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Company: Nestle USA
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
The Regional Environmental Specialist position provides the leadership requirements to ensure that Sites are operating within all pertinent environmental regulations. This is the key site level position for enviromental sustainability and compliance expertise within the Safety Health &Environmental (SH&E) function. This role is responsible to support the coordination and leadership of environmental programs and policies by local site SH&E Manager. Specialized technical knowledge and skill in the environmental and compliance is offered by the incumbent. The primary objective of the role is to ensure compliance and enhance the environmental aspects of Site operations. This is done by fostering a culture where the environment is ingrained as a core value, achieving best in class performance in support of compliant, highly efficient, low cost operations.
Environmental strategies, programs, systems and plans:
- Implement programs to ensure that environmental strategies, policies and obligations are fulfilled in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Research and maintain working knowledge of relevant environmental rules and regulations and the impact they have on the Site.
- Identify strategic partnerships and maintain contracts with key environmental vendors in accordance with corporate SH&E, Legal and Procurement guidance. Vendors include transportation, recycling, disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste and environmental consulting as may be necessary.
- Interpret Federal and State laws and ensure all environmental compliance requirements including maintenance of all applicable regulatory requirements, permits are maintained and operating conditions are met.
- Complete all annual government environmental reports in a timely manner and submit reports to proper agencies.
Support site Environmental Training and Capability Building:
• Facilitate the exchange of environmental related information among Site Leadership teams and operating departments
• Ensure required environmental training materials are complete, accurate and up-to-date.
Liaison and Technical Expertise:
- Collaborate with site NMS Lead and other relevant site functions on the Environmental elements of the Nestle Management System (NMS) to ensure continued ISO 14001 certification and all of the components associated with the system.
- Support site SH&E managers in as a liaison for the Site with governmental inspectors, agencies, and regulators in the event of inspection.
- Advise site leadership of assigned site’s environmental requirements and support closure of compliance related gaps and issues.
Additional duties that may be coordinated with site SH&E Manager (Indirect Reporting):
- Prepare routine air, waste and wastewater reports for submittal to agencies by authorized site representatives
- Manage hazardous material inventory from cradle to grave and maintain hazardous material management plan.
- Manage by-product and waste stream management programs to Identify and implement as appropriate site waste/bi-product minimization and cost reduction programmes.
- Manage and ensure accurate and timely EPCRA and SARA reporting.
- Coordinate environmental training that builds capability of all employees
- Develop and maintain environmental processes and audit routines.
- Maintain all environmental related records.
- Support PSM / RMP programme with the local engineering group at the Site and ensure compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of Company Policy, laws, regulations including Federal and State environmental requirements and FAA/DOT hazardous material requirements
- Maintain storm water pollution prevention, spill prevention and countermeasures control, and the NPDES programs to include written plans and submission and plant training
Requirements and Minimum Education Level
- Education: B.S. Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or related Engineering or Scientific education.
- Travel: 30% – 60% depending on region.
Experience: 1-5 years recent experience working with environmental issues. Experience with wastewater plant management a plus. Experience also in self-managed work systems, understanding of production management, cost, quality, and personnel.
Strong analytical, organizational, communication and computer skills required.
- Collaboration, Speed, Agility, Courage and Diplomacy
- Excellent interpersonal interactions.
- Ability to build teams throughout all levels and functions of the Site with respect, tact and win-win outcomes.
- Decision-making; must be capable of making well-informed decisions in both routine and emergency situations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required along with the ability able to communicate with audiences that have a broad range of background and understanding.
- Training & presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate good insight and ability to develop mutual solutions to challenges.
- Able to work and lead in a team environment; live the Nestlé Leadership Principles and bring it to life for others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to quickly learn project relevant federal and state OSHA, EPA, DOT requirements.
- Technical writing skills (site policies, procedures, reference manuals, and training materials) and coordination with technical training.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office/Windows based)
- Reading and comprehension skills/legal & regulatory interpretation
- Initiative to lead continuous improvement efforts.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.nestlejobs.com.