Montana Conservation Corps
The Montana Conservation Corps (MCC) is currently accepting applications for Wildland Restoration Team Leader positions! Here at MCC, we focus on the growth of our participants, positively impacting our climate and environment, and transferable job skills. This position will be tasked with leading a Wildland Restoration Team with a focus on watershed restoration, invasive plant management, GPS monitoring, and other natural resource work. The work could include herbicide application to manage invasive plants, mesic restoration techniques and in-stream beaver-dam analog construction, and a variety of other restoration work. This crew will work with a diverse range of stakeholders (private, government, and non-profit) in order to achieve large scale land conservation efforts. This is a great opportunity for recent college graduates who have experience in restoration to gain practical field experience in a rapidly growing area of conservation, with and a strong potential for future career paths, not to mention the plethora of benefits associated with a national term of service!
- High school degree, GED, or willingness to work towards obtaining a GED
- US Citizen, National or lawful permanent resident
- Ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
- Ability to eventually hike 3-20 miles per day in terrain that can be steep, rocky or uneven, often wearing a 45lb backpack while carrying tools and sometimes backpacking with full packs of 60 – 70lbs
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds repeatedly and use hand and power tools
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to obtain Wilderness Advanced First Aid/CPR training. (Training is reimbursable to allotted amount/ MCC provides training)
- Demonstrates desire to serve the community and the environment
- Embraces willingness to work long, hard hours in all weather conditions; ability to be away on overnight trips for up to 10 days at a time
- Commitment to completing term; available for duration of entire term of service
- Valid driver’s license, ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Records check
21 years old on the start date of the program
To apply for this job please visit www.mtcorps.org.