Montana Conservation Corps
Big Sky Watershed Corps is an AmeriCorps program that assists Montana’s watershed communities to make a measurable difference in local conservation efforts while strengthening the experience of young professionals. The Big Sky Watershed Corps Member will serve with the Clark Fork Watershed Education Program (CFWEP) to complete tasks related to project design and implementation, community outreach and education, volunteer generation and management and reporting functions. CFWEP is a nonprofit organization based in Butte, MT that seeks to foster environmental stewardship and scientific decision-making through place-based learning and direct experiences. Primary duties of this BSWC member will be to support the Watershed Science Program and Butte Reclamation Evaluation System Program, lead classroom visits and field trips with local schools, launch a community Earth Month event, coordinate watershed-related training workshops for teachers, develop a student fly fishing camp, and much more.
- College degree (B.A./B.S.), preferably in watershed, agriculture, environment, or education related field.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and US Citizenship or ability to work in the US.
- Strong service ethic and desire to serve the community and the environment.
- Ability to provide personal transportation to worksites, housing, and trainings.
Additional Desired Experience
- Previous watershed-related experience, fieldwork, data collection & analysis or plan development.
- Previous teaching or volunteer management experience.
- Open and adaptable to new environments, different perspectives and rural communities.
- Previous work or volunteer experience with ArcGIS, graphic design, online databases, social media communications and website maintenance.
- Assist CFWEP staff in the completion of watershed-related projects.
- Develop materials (curriculum, flyers, PowerPoint presentations) to utilize in community presentations.
- Conduct community outreach to educate community stakeholders about watershed-related issues.
- Maintain accurate personnel, safety and project records.
- Complete and submit required program reports in a timely manner.
- Help complete and submit relevant grants.
The Big Sky Watershed Corps (BSWC) is an AmeriCorps program created through collaboration between the Montana Conservation Corps, the Montana Watershed Coordination Council and the Montana Association of Conservation Districts.
The BSWC utilizes community-based initiatives to protect, preserve and restore local watersheds throughout Montana.
Montana Conservation Corps (MCC) seeks to provide access and opportunity to a diverse group of staff and participants, while continuing to identify and reduce barriers to being involved in our organization and programs. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
While this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position, it is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All MCC positions may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.mtcorps.org.