At Milwaukee Riverkeeper® we’re looking for more than just a person to fill a desk. We’re seeking people that share our passion for healthy rivers and communities. If you want to become a part of Milwaukee Riverkeeper, you will be empowered to work the way you work best. Your voice is important, you’ll help shape the role you’re in and the future of our organization. From top down and bottom up, we’re more than just a workplace, we sweat together, and play to win!
As the Communications Coordinator you’ll be assisting our Communications Manager in planning, and designing internal and external communications. You’ll get hands-on experience working in each program area, helping to support a swimmable, drinkable fishable future for the Milwaukee River Basin. We value our volunteers, and supporters. You’ll help keep their excitement alive and engage new audiences.
Your work is an important piece of our organization and is actually a part of something much bigger. By distilling information about the health of our waterways, you’re helping to provide transparency to the public about local resources.
- Assist the Communications Manager in planning and development of communications strategies
- Work with program staff to develop recurring program and event communications
- Help create publicity materials, such as newsletters and social media content
- Draft and post content to Milwaukee Riverkeeper’s social media channels
- Manage Milwaukee Rivekeeper’s social media calendar and content repository
- Work with staff to distill technical information in an easy to understand way to the general public
- Represent Milwaukee Riverkeeper at community events as needed to collect photos
- Represent Milwaukee Riverkeeper at public events to help raise awareness of the organization
- Milwaukee Riverkeeper employees need to be flexible and may be asked to take on additional duties based on the organization’s needs and the staff member’s skills and abilities.
- The successful candidate may have the following qualifications:
- Associates degree or higher preferred, or equivalent experience
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Comfort and understanding of various social media platforms
- Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, and/or basic design principles
- Experience in photography, videography is a plus
- Knowledge of basic software including Microsoft products
- Ability to resolve routine problems independently
- Ability to prioritize work according to the organization’s needs
- Willingness to work occasional weekends and evenings
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to attend mandatory AmeriCorps orientation on September 13-17 and midterm training on January 12-14 in the Wisconsin Dells
This is a full-time AmeriCorps position. Members must commit to a year of service. Members must complete 1700 hours of service, averaging 35-40 hours per week from September 13, 2021 – August 31, 2022.
AmeriCorps Member receives a monthly living allowance (approx. $580 gross pay every two weeks), health insurance, and an educational award ($6,345) after successful completion of a year of service.
We will be reviewing candidates on a rolling basis. Please submit a PDF version resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com