Midwest Renewable Energy Association
The Training Coordinator will work closely with the Training Director and Training Manager to manage the Midwest Renewable Energy Association’s professional training programs and support participant recruitment, training, credentialing and job placement. The position requires some travel to conferences, trainings, and presentations throughout the Midwest.
- Position Classification: 32+ hours/week
- Reports To: Trainings Director
- Salary: Range per Year at 40 hours/week: $35,360 to $37,440 (Salary is commensurate with experience)
- Based: Remotely or at MREA office in Custer, Wisconsin
- Pandemic Protocol: This position is eligible for full time work from home until further notice
- Approximate Start Date: June 2021
To apply, please send:
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications (PDF)
- Resume including education and experience (PDF)
- Contact information for three professional references (PDF)
All correspondence must be electronic and sent to Amiee Wetmore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted through 5:00 p.m. Central Time on Monday, May 17, 2021.
- Participate in working groups as needed
- Participate in MREA staff meetings and planning sessions
- Work with operations team and other staff as needed to update processes for data management, registrations, and confirmations
- Work with Operations Director to reconcile course registrations
- Follow MREA remote work procedures, including office hour scheduling, work-from-home scheduling, and reporting
- Maintain instructional documents for position description, coordinate with others as needed
- Assist in special project work days as needed.
- Work with the training team to support the Events Manager in the development and implementation of The Energy Fair as needed
- Attend Training Program Working Group and Instructor Meetings
- Work with Training Team to implement Solar Training Academies and other trainings as needed
- Work with Training Team to develop and implement continuing education courses in association with solar professional conferences in Midwest states
- Work with Training team to host instructor development and other professional trainings at MREA offices and partner training centers
- Facilitate online and in-person courses
- Course participant registration including: Verify membership as needed, verify prerequisites as needed, create Moodle user accounts, enroll users in online courses/tutorials, send welcome emails with online instructions & more information, serve as point of contact for login issues, password resets, email address changes, etc., follow-up with non-completers about transfer options & future offerings
- Work with trainings team to research & implement tools that enhance online learning
- Work with trainings team to update online course pages for user friendliness and navigation
- Work with trainings team and IT Administrator to make sure all website information regarding courses and continuing education credits is current and accurate
- Webinar (Zoom) facilitation including: Send invitations and reminders as needed, track attendance, provide technical assistance for instructors and students, manage chat bar discussions for instructors, post recordings on necessary pages and sites, email follow-ups with instructors and students
- Collect and analyze exit surveys and evaluation results for all courses
- Assist training team with annual IREC accreditation report
- Assist training team with Instructor Handbook and Student Handbook updates as needed
- Promote MREA training opportunities and represent MREA at outreach events throughout the Midwest as needed
- Assist communications team with content development for newsletters, email blasts, Training Catalogs, materials for outreach events, and social media posts
- Attend staff meetings and professional development days as needed
- Participate in staff reviews
- Manage interns and/or volunteers as needed
- Assist with kitchen cleanup as assigned.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings, prepare reports, and present information as needed.
- Participate on other board-level committees as needed
A successful candidate will be:
- Results oriented and self-directed, with a passion for the MREA’s mission
- Organized and focused with proven ability to prioritize and complete activities with deadlines
- Comfortable working in groups and have experience building partnerships with diverse audiences
- Able and willing to travel and work some evenings and weekends as needed
- Accustomed to working with a variety of software, demonstrating proficiency in word processing (i.e. MS Word and/or Google Docs), data management (i.e. Excel and/or Google Sheets), presentation software (PowerPoint and/or Google Presentations)
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Related work experience and/or a degree in Adult Education and Renewable Energy
- Experience developing and managing online courses
- Experience in solar energy design, installation, maintenance or project finance.
- Experience in or knowledge of the solar industry, particularly in Midwest states
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Paid wellness leave
- Remote work eligible
- Flexible work environment
- Free electric vehicle charging at Custer Office
- Casual dress code
- Free registration to MREA trainings
- Paid training when necessary/applicable
Mission: The MREA promotes renewable energy, energy efficiency, and sustainable living through education and demonstration.
MREA is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in a manner that violates the law. MREA is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from qualified people regardless of their age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, mental or physical disability, source of income, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or any other class protected by law. MREA does not discriminate on the basis of these characteristics in any personnel action.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com