Midwest Renewable Energy Association
The Events Manager will work closely with the Events Committee and Communication committees to coordinate in-person and digital events that serve the Midwest Renewable Energy Association’s audiences including training participants, members, and other stakeholders, in particular the annual Energy Fair. This includes but is not limited to educational/entertainment events at MREA’s headquarters. The position requires some travel to conferences, trainings, and presentations throughout the Midwest.
- Position Classification: 32+ hours/week
- Reports To: Leadership Team
- Salary: Range per Year at 40 hours/week: $37,440 to $41,600 (Salary is commensurate with experience)
- Based: Custer, WI
- Pandemic Protocol: This position is eligible for full time work from home until further notice
- Approximate Start Date: June 2021
To apply, please send:
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications (PDF)
- Resume including education and experience (PDF)
- Contact information for three professional references (PDF)
All correspondence must be electronic and sent to Amiee Wetmore at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted through 5:00 p.m. Central Time on Monday, May 17, 2021.
- Assist in answering telephone when present in office
- Participate in working groups as needed
- Participate in MREA staff meetings and planning sessions
- Follow MREA remote work procedures, including scheduling, and activity reporting
- Assist in special workdays as needed
- Attend staff meetings and professional development days as needed
- Participate in staff reviews
- Supervision of AmeriCorps member (currently Events Coordinator)
- Manage interns and/or volunteers as needed
- Assist in June 26, 2021 event implementation as needed
2022 Energy Fair
- Manage the Events Committee and Working Group in the development and implementation of The Energy Fair & analysis of big picture event changes from historical Energy Fair template
- Maintain Energy Fair planning timeline
- Analyze Energy Fair financials regularly, assist in budget development, and approval of invoices
- Lead workshop schedule solicitation/coordination
- Solicit and schedule exhibitors, food vendors, keynotes, workshop speakers
- Support Site Manager as necessary with reservations, permits, forms, and other logistics
- Answer questions and direct people to information related to The Energy by phone, in person, and by email.
- Work with necessary staff, community leaders, and volunteers to plan and implement the following areas, including, but not limited to: Energy Fair Publications (pre-fair guide, program guide), Ticket and Camping Sales, Marketing/Promotion, Volunteers, On site vehicle charging, Exhibitors and Food Vendors, Energy Fair Education (free workshops, extended workshops, installer workshops, etc.), Coordinate with training team to schedule energy pro and installer workshops, Keynotes, Entertainment, Sponsorships, MREA Café, Marketplace, Beverage tent, Silent Auction, Rainbow’s End Children’s Area, Transportation (mass transit and local shuttles), MREA Dinners (networking, benefit, etc. – varies from year to year), Information Technology/Audio Visual (Workshop projectors, entertainment, Wi-Fi access)
- Assist Site Manager and Volunteer Coordinator in planning and implementation of annual event, Move Some Earth Day (May) and Brisk Fall Clean Up (Fall).
- Work with the Development Director to develop and manage the annual MREA outreach schedule
- Represent MREA at outreach events throughout the Midwest when necessary
- Maintain events calendar on midwestrenew.org
- Attend Board of Directors meetings, prepare reports, and present information as needed.
- Participate on other board-level committees as needed
A successful candidate will be:
- Results oriented and self-directed, with a passion for the MREA’s mission
- Organized and focused with proven ability to prioritize and complete activities with deadlines
- An excellent written and verbal communicator who can promote the MREA’s mission to the public and market stakeholders
- Comfortable working in groups and have experience building partnerships with diverse audiences
- Able and willing to travel and work some evenings and weekends as needed
- Accustomed to working with a variety of software, demonstrating proficiency in word processing (i.e. MS Word and/or Google Docs), data management (i.e. Excel and/or Google Sheets), presentation software (PowerPoint and/or Google Presentations).
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Have related work experience, a bachelors, or other advanced degree in a related field such as: Event/Hospitality/Tourism Management, Marketing, Education, Communication, Renewable Energy, Sustainability, Program Management
- Experience in or knowledge of the solar industry, particularly Midwest states’ solar markets
- Have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: Event Management, Marketing, Campaign Development and/or Implementation, Program Management
- Have familiarity with blogging tools and/or website editing such as WordPress
- Experience with social media campaigns
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Paid wellness leave
- Remote work eligibility
- Free electric vehicle charging at Custer Office
- Flexible work environment
- Casual dress code
- Free registration to MREA trainings
- Paid training when necessary/applicable
Mission: The MREA promotes renewable energy, energy efficiency, and sustainable living through education and demonstration.
MREA is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in a manner that violates the law. MREA is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from qualified people regardless of their age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, mental or physical disability, source of income, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or any other class protected by law. MREA does not discriminate on the basis of these characteristics in any personnel action.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org