Marek Landscaping, LLC
Marek Landscaping LLC is a design-build firm founded in 1996 that provides sustainable design, construction, and stewardship of the land. Our focus is on natural areas management, shoreline stabilizations, green infrastructure, trails, and parks. We use native plants and natural materials to design, construct, and support ecologically functional systems for public, private, and NGO clients. Current projects include bluff, shoreline, and wetland restorations for large public projects, non-profits, and private residences.
We are a small closely held firm with a community spirit and active culture. We want our team to grow together, and we invest in our employees training. We are especially interested if you share our love of the outdoors, ecology, and quality workmanship along with a strong desire to make a difference. One thing everyone here does share is a passion for something outside themselves, whether it’s for skiing, birding, or music, tree climbing or gardening, biking or community activism.
If you are mission-oriented, dream of increasing biodiversity and improving the habitats of migratory species, and want to work and grow alongside like-minded individuals, then you are in the right place!
- Lead: Directly report to President and Executive Ecologist
- Direct and work with stewardship team for completing tasks.
- Schedule and lead botany and ecology walks and/or paddles with team members and clients.
- Work as a part of the design team during all phases of design and project management, including plant selections.
- Serve as project manager for multi-disciplinary projects including client and staff communication, and developing and managing project schedule and budget
- Build and maintain strong client relationships, including proactive and open communication, promotion of services, and participation in regional conferences.
- Develop estimates, proposals, and bid packages for restoration and land management projects.
- Perform environmental assessments, ecological inventories, plant surveys, data analysis, monitoring, wetland delineation, and report writing.
- Prepare ecological restoration and land management plans for forests, prairies, savannas, wetlands, and dunes, as well as migratory fish habitat in the estuary environment.
- Present the company’s work and educational topics to a variety of audiences including our employees, workshops, and conferences.
- Act as burn boss and ignition specialist during the conduction of prescribed burns.
- Mentor and provide training and supervision to all stewardship staff and support staff.
- Educational topics – To keep our skills sharp
- Growth topics – To build our ability to think differently and more productively
- Team-building topics – To strengthen and deepen our bonds as a team
- Provide training and oversight in all aspects of tree, shrub, and plant management
- Maintain pesticide certifications (categories 3.0, 5.0, and 6.0) and guide the safe and informed use and management of herbicides, insecticides, and other chemicals.
- Stay up to date on certifications and educational opportunities and deliver to all stewardship staff.
- Produce GIS maps to guide management of projects and to provide project updates and reports.
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, and development of all stewardship staff.
- Assist with grant writing and strategic planning.
- Prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals for successful acquisition
- Assess projects and company development for new grant opportunities
- Undergraduate degree (or higher) in biology, ecology, natural resource management, environmental science, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years professional experience. Wetland delineation experience a plus.
- Effective communication and strong time management skills as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a cross-disciplinary manner.
- Extensive knowledge of local plant taxonomy in Southeastern Wisconsin.
- Extensive knowledge of ecological systems in Southeastern Wisconsin
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Google Earth, and ArcGIS.
- Current Wisconsin Pesticide Applicator License, or ability to obtain
- Prescribed fire training preferred or ability to obtain within one year of hire.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
To apply for this job please visit mareklandscaping.com.