Madison Gas and Electric
We are seeking an individual with exceptional interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic to join our Energy Products and Services department. This individual will provide critical product management and daily support to Madison Gas and Electric Company’s (MGE) customer programs and services.
This person will be responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing program and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with internal stakeholders, including Regulatory, IT, Corporate Communications, and others to ensure regulatory, participation, and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager also ensures that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gains a deep understanding of customer experience, identifies and fills product gaps and generates new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience, and drive growth.
- Conducts market research to identify and fill product gaps.
- Works directly with MGE customers.
- Responds to customer inquiries about programs and technologies.
- Develops product pricing and positioning strategies.
- Drives product launches and develops marketing strategies, including working with Corporate Communications, Customer
- Experience, and other Energy Products and Services team members.
- Evaluates and provides implementation support of promotional plans to ensure they are consistent with product line strategy and corporate brand and that the message is effectively conveyed.
- Develops measurement and verification plans to ensure products are meeting regulatory, participation, and financial goals.
- Gathers data, performs analysis, and completes program reports, regulator data requests, and other nonroutine reports as requested.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, marketing, economics, market research or related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least five years’ experience managing customer programs or services, conducting market research and analysis, or project management.
- Experience working with utilities, energy efficiency and demand response, or energy policy preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong planning, project management, and organizational skills.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- Familiarity with energy topics and policy, such as rate design, energy efficiency, demand response, or distributed energy resources.
- Self-directed and able to work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Familiar with using and applying analytic technologies and techniques such as online analytical processing, data warehousing, business scorecards, performance dashboards, and data mining.
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.