International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis
The IIASA Energy, Climate, and Environment (ECE) Program is one of the leading scientific research institutions in the realm of integrated assessment of climate change and the systems transition to implement the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In addition to its own high-impact research, ECE provides a range of services to the broader research community
The successful candidate will closely collaborate with researchers from the IIASA ECE Program and their international partners in addressing the following tasks:
- Manage the community development around the MESSAGEix Integrated Assessment framework, including the leading the release cycle administration and provide technical user support
- Contribute to ongoing research activities by implementing new features in the scientific software packages in close collaboration with scientific staff
- Provide user support and guidance on best-practice implementation to scientific staff at ECE and collaborators in the wider community concerning the use of research software tools
- Assist in the conceptual development and implementation of new features in the new scenario data infrastructure (Scenario Explorer and related software stack) to support its use for research and science communication
- Documentation of the software stack and all modules at high professional standards
In line with the team spirit that prevails at IIASA, the incumbent may occasionally work on other tasks assigned by their superiors, that might not be directly related to this appointment but where the post holder has relevant experience and skills, and/or a shortage of immediate personnel capabilities requires such.
To apply for this job please visit iiasa.ac.at.