Heartland Ecological Group Inc.
Heartland Ecological Group, Inc. is a local, certified woman-owned small business consisting of highly skilled ecologists and regulatory policy experts that support a wide variety of projects. Heartland provides excellent opportunities for professional growth and the opportunity to be part of an emerging, rapidly growing company.
Heartland provides a competitive benefits package for eligible employees. Our benefit programs include company sponsored medical and dental care coverage for employees, spouses and families; retirement savings plans with matching contributions; paid vacation and holidays; competitive compensation packages; and performance based bonus programs.
Heartland is seeking an entry to mid-level Ecological Restoration Technician to assist our Senior Ecologists with ecological restoration tasks primarily in support of establishing, restoring, and managing wetland, prairie, woodland and other native plant community habitats.
This is an entry to mid-level seasonal position that will be 30 to 40+ hours per week.
The primary job focus of this position will be to support our ecological restoration services. Typical daily work tasks
will include invasive species management and native plant community establishment through various techniques such
as herbicide applications, mowing, prescribed burning, seeding and planting, erosion control measures, and equipment
operation such as UTV’s, ATV’s, tractors, and truck and trailers. Other tasks may include supporting Heartland’s GIS mapping services, various technical report writing, and supporting other ecological field assessment tasks such as:
- Wetland delineation and assessment
- Wetland mitigation bank site monitoring
- Native restoration site monitoring
- Botanical surveys and inventories
- Wildlife habitat assessments
- Environmental compliance observations
- Undergraduate or Associates Degree or working towards such degree in biology, ecology, natural resources, soil science, or related field.
- Familiar with typical ecological restoration tasks, such as herbicide applications, equipment operation, invasive species management, and prescribed burning.
- Proficiency in the use of GIS software. Specifically experience with ESRI ArcGIS is desirable.
- Pesticide applicator license is preferred but not required.
- S-130, Firefighter Training / S-190, Introduction to Wildland Fire Behavior / L-180, Human Factors in the Wildland Fire Service is desirable.
- Ability and willingness to complete field work in remote areas in difficult terrain and various field and weather conditions. In some cases, travel for extended periods of time may be required.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbal and written, as well as strong technical writing skills.
- Valid State driver’s license
- Ability to walk up to five miles per day and lift up to 50 lbs.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit static1.squarespace.com.