Good Steward Consulting
Good Steward Consulting is a public relations firm working exclusively in the renewable energy industry. We strategize and implement communication and public education/outreach campaigns within proposed project areas (utility-scale solar, wind, and storage). Visit us online for more information; goodstewardconsulting.com.
The Project Intern is an important part of the client delivery team at Good Steward Consulting. This position holder is responsible for assisting the Project Manager with local outreach to garner support, community engagement and education, event planning, and general public relations-related work.
Position Skill Set
- Exhibits GSC Core Values: Grit/Resolve, Accountability, Creativity, and Energetic (GRACE).
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal).
- Expert organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Creative and industrious with communication and community engagement ideas.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining engagement with the rest of the project team.
- Initiative to solve problems quickly for the benefit of the team.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with rural community members.
- Find tabling opportunities on campus and in the project area (fairs, festivals, farmers markets) to promote the project, educate students/staff/faculty, and seek written support.
- Hand out project S.W.A.G., logo gear, business cards, and informational fliers publicly.
- Local representatives, Project Manager, or client company employees may also participate.
- Seek sponsorship or partnership opportunities with other organizations such as the university Office of Sustainability to expand outreach potential.
- Use social media to promote local outreach and events as approved by GSC Project Manager.
- Participate in weekly PR call with GSC and client company.
- Maintain weekly contact with GSC Project Manager and the project’s Local Representative.
- General administrative duties as directed such as running errands, greeting visitors, note-taking, conference call participation, emailing, etc.
- Attending an accredited university in pursuit of a degree in business, communications, marketing, public relations, sustainability, agriculture, or a related field.
- Ability to work remotely as a paid contractor with access to a personal computer and mobile phone.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Office.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Background check required.
To apply for this job please visit www.goodstewardconsulting.com.