Dane County Land & Water Resources Department
Under general supervision in the Land Conservation Division of the Dane County Land & Water Resources Department, this position will provide assistance in the development and distribution of communication and outreach materials and project reports associated with the implementation of agricultural conservation practices.
Equity, Definition and Examples of Duties
As an employer, we strive to provide a work environment where diversity and differing opinions are valued, creativity is encouraged, continuous learning and improvement are fostered, teamwork and open/honest communication are encouraged, and meeting customers’ needs through quality service is a shared goal. All employees must be able to demonstrate multicultural competence – the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women, racial and ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Examples of Duties
- developing communication and outreach materials
- reviewing files
- collecting and interpreting conservation practice information
- documenting and reporting conservation efforts
- other related work activities
Education, Experience & Special Requirements
- Any combination of training or experience in natural resources, conservation, soils, agronomy, communication or outreach. A degree in natural resources, conservation, agronomy, soils, environmental communications/education or related field desired.
- Must be 18 years or older and have a valid driver’s license and good driving record. Must be able to traverse a wide variety of field conditions and carry equipment common for the position.
Background Check Statement: Some positions may require a criminal background check which can include fingerprinting due to the nature of the job’s responsibilities. Wisconsin’s Fair Employment Law, s. 111.31 – 111.395, Wis. Stats., prohibits discrimination because of an arrest or conviction record. However, Dane County may disqualify an applicant if the position’s responsibilities are substantially related to the applicant’s criminal history (e.g., the nature of the crime and its relationship to the position, whether hiring, transferring or promoting an applicant would pose an unreasonable risk to the business, its employees, customers and vendors, etc.) Management reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Physical and Environmental Work Requirements
- This position works primarily in an office setting with limited field work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Provide assistance with the development and distribution of communication and outreach materials associated with the implementation of agricultural conservation practices. Review and evaluate conservation practice information to develop communication and outreach tools. Create and manage a conservation newsletter. Manage and update content for the Land Conservation Division website and social media. Coordinate outreach efforts with other staff, departments, partners and agencies. Collect conservation practice implementation data to support reporting requirements. Develop conservation narratives that explain and support conservation practice implementation. Assist staff with writing project reports.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.