Dane County Farmers' Market
The Food Access Coordinator position requires a diverse skill set, flexibility, passion for healthy food access, and a love for the DCFM. The position also requires an understanding of SNAP and the Wisconsin FoodShare program, nutrition incentive programs, agriculture and local foods, as well as demonstrated office and people skills. This is a part-time, year-round position that averages 20 hours per week with a pay rate of $15 – $17/hour, dependent upon experience. The Food Access Coordinator reports directly to the DCFM Market Manager. When not at the Market, job duties are performed remotely.
The Dane County Farmers’ Market is one of the largest and most successful producer-only farmers’ markets in the United States. The market operates year-round in Madison, Wisconsin and has grown to include four distinct markets: the Saturday Market on the Square, the Wednesday Market, the Holiday Market, and the Late Winter Market.
General Job Responsibilities
EBT & Double Dollars Administration (80%)
- Administer the FoodShare EBT and Double Dollars program at the Wednesday Market, Saturday Market, Holiday Market, and the Late Winter Market. This includes running EBT transactions, keeping records of all transactions with customers, and managing collections and reimbursements to vendors
- With Market Management, maintain and manage SNAP authorization status through the Food and Nutrition Service of the United States Department of Agriculture, including serving as the primary point-of-contact with the USDA. Maintain and manage a contract with an appropriate EBT processor
- Collect script from members at the Saturday Market, Wednesday Market, Holiday Market, and Late Winter Market
- With Market Management, maintain an adequate supply of EBT scrip and other organizational supplies
- Attend the mandatory Market Manager meetings for the Double Dollars program
- Assist in marketing and promotion of the EBT program at the DCFM
Information booth administration (20%)
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers to staff the information and EBT tent
- Be available along with volunteers to answer customer and vendor questions
- Create a positive environment and market experience for customers, vendors, and volunteers
General Job Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather, including rain, snow, and cold
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite
How to apply
Please submit a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by 11:59PM on June 20th, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit dcfm.org.