Community Conservation Inc.
Community Conservation Inc. has been catalyzing and supporting community-based organizations since 1989, representing over 200 villages in 14 countries and protecting over 1.24 million acres. We focus our efforts on rare habitats and endangered species, including primates, cranes, tigers, and turtles.
At Community Conservation Inc., we believe that local people are the best stewards of their lands. We promote the highest level of participation by the local community, and encourage the formation of community-based organizations that empower local people to manage their own projects and lands with minimal outside influence.
We act as a catalyst to create community-based organizations in the places where biodiversity is threatened. We bring enthusiasm and information to local residents, highlighting the uniqueness of their area’s forests and wildlife, and then ask for their help to protect them. No community that we have approached has ever said no.
For more information, please visit www.communityconservation.org
The Communications and Outreach Coordinator works closely with the Director of Community Conservation and the Director of Development to plan the communications activities of Community Conservation. This position seeks to grow the organization’s donor base and spread awareness about community-based conservation by creating engaging content.
Regular duties of the Communications and Outreach Coordinator include the following:
- Create the organization’s Communications Calendar.
- Maintain an active social media presence through regular posts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Update and maintain the website.
- Manage, update, and create marketing materials such as flyers, business cards, event materials, etc.
- Design, write, and coordinate mailings (2 newsletters, annual report, and 2 donor mailings per year).
- Create content such as educational materials about community-based conservation and project updates.
Additional duties of the Communications and Outreach Coordinator may include:
- Assisting with events.
- Assisting with fundraising.
- Assisting with video production.
- Additional tasks as necessary.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Nonprofit experience.
- Social media experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite or Canva.
- Professional content creation experience.
Please email all information below, combined into one document, to email@example.com. We hope to fill as soon as possible and will consider applications on a rolling basis:
- Please submit a cover letter describing your qualifications and experience for this position.
- A detailed and updated resume.
- Three references including their contact information and your relationship to them.
Community Conservation Inc. welcomes and actively encourages a diverse pool of candidates in this search. Applications will be held in strict confidence.
In the administration of its employment policies and practices, Community Conservation Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, matriculation, political affiliation, or genetic information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org