cbec eco engineering
CBEC is seeking to hire a skilled Eco-Engineer/Eco-Hydrologist II to assist the company in providing services to clients and managing projects. Individuals’ professional experience should include 6 years technical experience and 2 years project management in water resource engineering, fluvial geomorphology, hydrology and/or restoration design projects.
cbec eco engineering, inc. (cbec), is based in West Sacramento, California, with branch offices in other areas of Northern California, Oregon, Indiana, Scotland and England (UK). We specialize in eco engineering for the water resources industry. eco engineering describes water resources engineering services that are concerned with developing and providing ecologically sensitive and environmentally sustainable solutions in the fields of hydrology, hydraulics, geomorphology and restoration and rehabilitation design. cbec offers a stable job environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for career growth.
The Eco-Engineer/Eco-Hydrologist II will be responsible for leading the completion of technical work, managing projects and assisting with proposals for new work. Technical work may include hydraulic/hydrologic and geomorphic studies, modeling, assessments, and associated reporting. Design work will include restoration-oriented civil construction projects in riverine or other aquatic settings, and the production of construction drawings, specifications, cost estimates and design reports. Specific responsibilities will likely include:
- Managing small to moderate-sized multi-objective, multi-stakeholder projects
- Contributing to/leading development of numerical hydrologic, hydraulic, sediment transport and water quality models
- Overseeing field data collection efforts that include general watershed reconnaissance; topographic and bathymetric surveys; water level, discharge and sediment transport measurements; and geomorphic assessments
- Contributing to/leading design and development of construction plans for complex environmental rehabilitation projects in riverine, wetland and estuarine settings
- Writing reports
- Presenting project findings at client meetings and conferences
- Assisting with and sometimes leading proposal development efforts
- Growing client relationships and helping bring in new work
- Contributing to the growth and development of the company and staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of project management experience
- B.S. in civil or environmental engineering, water resources or closely related field
- M.S. or Ph.D. in civil engineering, environmental engineering, water resources, hydrology, or fluvial geomorphology is preferred
- Licensed California State professional civil engineer or ability to obtain license via reciprocity (other professional qualifications will be considered)
- Experience with various components of technical studies including fieldwork, analyzing and evaluating data, and preparing reports
- Experience developing, applying, and using hydrologic and hydraulic computer modeling applications, such as HEC-RAS (1D and 2D), HEC-HMS, MIKE 11, MIKE 21, SRH2D, FLO-2D, TUFLOW and Delft3D
- Experience with design and drafting efforts and preparation of construction drawings, specifications, cost estimates and design reports
- Experience assisting with proposal development
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and time management skills
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use subject line: “Application-Lastname, First Initial.” Please reference where you found our ad (cbec website/social media/job board/industry contact, etc.) in the body of your email. Please submit application materials as a PDF, named with the following format:
No phone calls please. Please visit our website to see the array of services that we provide, and exciting projects we are currently working on. cbec is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value a team-oriented workplace and workforce diversity.
To apply for this job please visit www.cbecoeng.com.