Bitter Root Land Trust
The Communications and Development Coordinator increases Bitter Root Land Trust’s visibility through development programs, outreach events, and communication channels. This position helps to develop and implement strategic communications plans to inspire and engage a growing constituency for conservation, creates an inclusive and welcoming organizational presence, and effectively demonstrate the impacts of Bitter Root Land Trust in the community we serve.
Reports to: Development Director
Status: 1.0 FTE
Salary: $40,000 – $47,500, depending on experience
- Group Health Insurance with optional Health Savings Account
- SIMPLE IRA with up to 3% Employer Match
- Generous Leave Policy, including Personal, Parental, Medical, and Sabbatical
- Flexible Scheduling
Scope of Work:
The Communications and Development Coordinator manages print and electronic communication initiatives.
Community Engagement Opportunities:
The Communications and Development Coordinator is the organizational lead envisioning, planning, and executing all BRLT’s community outreach programming and events.
The Communications and Development Coordinator will work with the Development Director to support the Development program, this includes grant writing, mailings, other development duties as assigned.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Strategize, create content for, and complete two seasonal newsletters to highlight BRLT’s work, community connections, programmatic success, donor support, and current opportunities.
- Design and create content of semi-monthly supporter emails with project updates, upcoming events, and giving opportunities.
- Increase participation in BRLT’s print and electronic mailing lists.
- Create, and lead content management for BRLT’s website, ensuring regular updates.
- In conjunction with other staff, create written and electronic materials to connect BRLT’s work to donors, landowners, partners, and the community, focusing specific messages to specific audiences.
- Generate, edit, publish and share social media content to support communications plan. Engage with supporters through BRLT’s social media channels.
Community Outreach & Events: (30%)
- Maintain an outreach program that connects diverse community members to the land, creating memorable experiences that build a lasting relationship between the people and the place which fosters moral and financial support of the organization.
- Lead BRLT’s efforts to connect broadly in our community through traditional outreach efforts (Farmers’ Market, Pint Nights at local breweries, and annual appearances at local service club meetings).
- Foster and enhance community partnerships with non-traditional partners (elders, veterans, schools, etc.) to enhance relevancy of BRLT’s conservation work in the community.
- Working closely with the Development Director on fundraising elements, strategize, coordinate, and implement BRLT’s annual events (such as the Barn Dance, Donor Appreciation Party, Art and Conservation Open House) and any additional community events identified in the annual workplan.
- Be present in the community as a visible ambassador for BRLT, its work, and its programs.
- Serve as primary staff lead for BRLT’s Outreach Committee.
- Prepare talking points, presentations and supporting material as needed.
- Writes grants in support of BRLT’s operations in coordination with the Development Director.
- Reports on successful grants and manage grant timelines.
- Supports fundraising activities through donor cultivation, gift requests, recognition, and thanking.
- Works with Development Director to create and organize mailings (Fundraising appeals, “Good News” postcards, etc.).
- Other tasks as assigned by the Development Director.
To apply for this job please visit bitterrootlandtrust.org.