Aldo Leopold Foundation Inc
Organizational Overview: The Aldo Leopold Foundation is a non-profit conservation organization that inspires an ethical relationship between people and nature. The foundation’s initiatives grow awareness and encourage our audiences to learn more and take actions that better communities and land.
Location: Leopold Center, E13701 Levee Road, Baraboo, WI 53913
Job Summary: The Aldo Leopold Foundation is seeking a dynamic individual to bring their energy, creativity, and leadership to our successful public education offerings, including Leopold Shack tours, world-class exhibits, sandhill crane migration viewing, phenology calendar, and Leopold Week. These proven programs have tremendous growth potential and leave lots of space for creativity to maximize our foundation’s strategic priorities. This position supervises two, 12-month, limited term fellows that represent eager program support and whose advancement, through your mentorship, contribute to a growing network of conservation leaders. This position is supported through numerous colleagues responsible for facilities and land, visitor services, bookstore, webstore, website, communications, marketing, promotions, evaluation, fundraising, strategic planning, and administration. You will be joining an experienced, highly-motivated, and collaborative staff that thrives on shared success.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental education, natural sciences, parks and recreation, outdoor recreation, or related field required.
- 1-2 years environmental and recreational program experience or relevant master’s degree.
- High-energy, creative, self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills; proven ability to meet deadlines and maintain flexibility.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate with a variety of public and private interests, partners, and constituents.
- Strong computer proficiency and office skills.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed.
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to use a personal vehicle when necessary (with mileage reimbursement).
- Ability to exercise independent judgement, discretion, and decision-making.
- Maintain confidentiality and professional work standards and ethics.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to work effectively, positively, and collaboratively as part of our dynamic team.
Compensation and Benefits
Pay range: $38,000-$42,000 annually depending on education and/or years of related work experience, with benefits including health, dental, vision, life/AD&D, and short-term disability insurance, Simple IRA retirement plan (when eligible), Health Savings Account, and paid time off (vacation, floating holidays, and sick leave).
Hours and Schedule
- Full-time; Exempt
- M-F; Some Saturdays may be required
Position Reports to: Program Director
The Aldo Leopold Foundation recognizes that just as a healthy ecosystem depends on biodiversity, a healthy human society depends on cultural and social diversity. We are committed to expanding the conversation on land ethics by acting to achieve a rich diversity of staff, board, volunteers, members, supporters, and those we seek to engage with our programming. The foundation encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
For the full position description, application instructions and to learn more about the Aldo Leopold Foundation, please visit our website.
The Aldo Leopold Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, ALF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job please visit www.aldoleopold.org.