Adventure Learning Programs (ALPs)
The Adventure Learning Programs (ALPs) is a student organization that provides teambuilding and high and low ropes course workshops to groups and we are hiring facilitators for the upcoming year. This position is unique in that it is both as well as a student organization that is run by students for students. Please share the information below with the students you work with! Applications are due October 3rd, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
- Facilitate and lead inclusive teambuilding and high and low ropes course workshops both in person and virtually
- Share one’s creativity, innovation, perspective, and ideas to improve our programming to better serve the campus community
- Facilitate reflective group discussions to promote learning.
- Manage risk throughout all activities
- Learn technical ropes course skills (knot tying, belaying, etc.)
- Desired characteristics:
- Experience working with communities of color and folx with diverse backgrounds and abilities, to name a few, OR are motivated and committed to developing the facilitation skills to serve these communities.
- Possess a growth mindset, meaning those who are interested in learning new skills and open to failure as well as success.
- Committed to improving our campus climate for historically marginalized communities.
- Willingness to work as a team and collaborate with others
- Interest in developing leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Interest in working with people and helping them grow
- Must be current UW Madison student
- Students of all backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply
Employment available year round
To apply for this job please visit studentjobs.hr.wisc.edu.