350 Madison is a grassroots nonprofit that is working to build a fossil-free future powered by 100% renewable energy. We know that collective, grassroots action is essential for bringing about the changes that will solve the climate crisis.
We stand in solidarity with people the world over who are working for justice, equity, and preservation of a livable planet. A key priority is ensuring that our strong commitment to climate and racial justice is reflected throughout our campaigns and operations. Our Board continually works to develop 350 Madison as a welcoming, inclusive, anti-racist organization, dedicated to raising awareness of systemic racism and taking action to fight racism in the climate movement and in our personal lives.
350 Madison is seeking candidates for its volunteer Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is responsible for governance of 350 Madison. Board members are expected to commit their time, expertise, community contacts, organizational skills and leadership talents to advance 350 Madison’s mission. They are expected to contribute financially to the extent they are able, and to participate in fundraising.
The Board is responsible for:
- Creating and outlining sound policies for the organization.
- Hiring, evaluating, and supporting the Executive Director.
- Developing the organization’s long-range plan.
- Providing financial oversight.
- Participating in periodic organizational evaluations.
- Participating in all fundraising aspects of the organization.
- Supporting public relations efforts of the organization.
- Participating in board training and development opportunities.
- Providing advocacy in the community for the organization and its mission.
To request a complete position description, please contact email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to Coordinator@350madison.org