1000 Friends of Wisconsin
Our Special Project Manager will advocate for more sustainable communities by leading several ongoing efforts at 1000 Friends. The person will promote active transportation, advance sustainable land use and community design, and educate about the impacts of climate change in Wisconsin all with a focus on equity and inclusion.
- Coordinate and manage our new Active Transportation program that advocates for bicycle, pedestrian, and rolling infrastructure in communities across Wisconsin:
- Conduct zoom/in-person meetings with member communities and coalitions.
- Manage the program’s steering committee.
- Advocate for active transportation policy at the state and local level.
- Advise communities around the state on making their active transportation systems safer, accessible and more inclusive.
- Manage communications work
- Organize and help publish our monthly Active Wisconsin e-news.
- Share regular updates on social media to help grow our audience.
- Develop ideas for new social media campaigns.
- Maintain relationships with key media contacts and promote our Active Transportation program vigorously.
- Funding Opportunities
- Identify foundations and donors to bring in new revenue for the organization, especially the Active Transportation program.
- Seek out innovative climate, transportation, and land use projects and grants to share with members.
- Research and resources
- Promote resources and tools to educate about transportation, sustainability and the impacts of climate change statewide
- Conduct in-house research and share resources with partners and members.
- Follow state and federal legislation.
- Stay up to date on local, state and federal news related to climate, transportation, and land use.
- Strong interest in active transportation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with people in one on one and large group settings Writing skills – Ability to come up with original content and summarize reports
- Interest in creating a more sustainable and resilient Wisconsin
- Able to travel statewide
- Self-starter who can successfully work remotely.
- Experience using social media, particularly Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of transportation planning including walking, biking, and transit
- Understanding of land use planning, especially the value of comprehensive planning
- Experience advocating for policy change with local and state officials
- Email a cover letter and resume to Deb Nemeth at email@example.com
- 1000 Friends of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage candidates of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, and backgrounds to apply.
- To learn more about Active Wisconsin please check out the website: http://www.activewisconsin.org
To apply for this job please visit www.1kfriends.org.