Searching for Housing
You've applied, been accepted, and have decided to come to UW-Madison. Now you need a place to live. Luckily, student housing is abundant in Madison, and many resources are available to help you find an apartment, co-op, or room to rent:
- VIP Off-campus Housing Listing Service - This service is provided by the Visitor and Information Programs and includes listings for apartments, houses, efficiencies, rooms and co-ops for students and the university community, along with other housing-related information.
- University Apartments - On-campus housing for graduate students through the Division of University Housing.
- Madison Community Co-ops - MCC is a cooperative community of 11 households, most within 1/2 mile of the University of Wisconsin campus, ranging in size from 8 to 34 members. Each house has a unique character and they try to create a safe, supportive family & community atmosphere.
- Local newspaper classified ads (Isthmus, Capital Newspapers - Wisconsin State Journal/Capital Times)
- University House - Private residence halls and apartments, some have floors that are just for graduate students and meal plan options
- Craigslist - link will take you to housing in Madison
- Bulletin board outside the Nelson Institute's Academic Programs Office, 70 Science Hall