Fracking: The Wisconsin Connection
October 30 -- Fracking 101
What is fracking? How does it work? Why is Wisconsin the nation's leading source of frac sand?
- Alan Carroll, Professor, Department of Geoscience, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- James Robertson, Director and State Geologist, Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey
November 13 -- The Impacts of Frac Sand Mining in Wisconsin
- Rich Budinger, President, Wisconsin Industrial Sand Association
- Michael Parsen, Hydrogeologist, Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey
- Thomas Pearson, Assistant Professor, Social Science Department, University of Wisconsin-Stout
- Kate Prengaman, Reporter, Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism, WisconsinWatch.org
November 27 -- The Economics of Fracking: Will Cheaper Natural Gas Help or Harm the Climate?
- Frank Greb, President, Energy Center of Wisconsin
- Phil Montgomery, Chairperson, Public Service Commission of Wisconsin
- Greg Nemet, Assistant Professor of Public Affairs and Environmental Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison
The Fall 2012 Forum was co-sponsored by: