COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
In response to COVID-19, the UW-Madison campus, including the Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies, has suspended face-to-face instruction effective March 14, continuing through the end of the spring semester.
This page has information specific to the Nelson Institute. For general campus information about COVID-19, visit the UW-Madison COVID-19 (Coronavirus) website.
This page will update as we receive new information.
Nelson Institute Faculty and Staff
- Email is preferred; find contact information in the UW-Madison directory
- Becky Ryan, distinguished student services coordinator, email@example.com
- Nick Horan, graduate and undergraduate programs assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Environment and Resources: Sara Hotchkiss, professor and chair, email@example.com; Jim Miller, graduate advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water Resources Management: Anita Thompson, professor and chair, email@example.com; Jim Miller, graduate advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Culture, History and Environment Certificate: Rachel Gurney, assistant director of CHE, email@example.com
- Energy Analysis and Policy Certificate: Scott Williams, program coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- International and Professional Programs: Nathan Schulfer, director of international and professional programs, email@example.com
- Environmental Conservation: Meghan Kautzer, program coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Environmental Observation and Informatics: Sarah Graves, program coordinator, email@example.com
- Faculty/instructional staff lead: Anna Gade, associate dean for education and research, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nelson Institute for Remote Readiness, "Batch Lead": Don Gillian-Daniel, email@example.com
- Instructional IT resource: Tara Mohan, curricular administration specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jay Scholz, IT manager, email@example.com
Communications and Media
- Diane Stojanovich, director of strategic communications, firstname.lastname@example.org