The 12th annual Nelson Institute Earth Day Conference will will be held on April 23, 2018 at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center located at 1 John Nolen Drive on the shore of Lake Monona in downtown Madison, Wisconsin.
Get driving directions from your point of origin. You will arrive at the John Nolen Drive entrance to the Monona Terrace parking ramp.
- Dane County Regional Airport (Madison): approximately 5 miles /10-minute drive
- Mitchell International Airport (Milwaukee): 86 miles / 1 1/2 hours by car
- Chicago O'Hare Airport: 136 miles / 2 1/2 hours by car
- Greyhound Bus provides service to downtown Madison from anywhere in the United States. (800) 231-2222
- Daily service between downtown Milwaukee and downtown Madison is provided by Badger Bus. (608) 255-6771
- Van Galder Bus provides daily service from downtown Chicago or Chicago O'Hare airport to downtown Madison with stops in Rockford, Beloit and Janesville. (800) 747-0994 or (608) 752-5407
Get biking directions on Bike Madison's Plan Your Trip site. Enter 1 John Nolen Dr. as your destination.
Visit Madison Metro's Plan Your Trip site to get bus schedules from your point of origin.
Wisconsin's RIDESHARE program
RIDESHARE brings commuters together for carpooling and bicycle commuting. It is a free service provided by the State of Wisconsin, serves all of Wisconsin and bordering counties in neighboring states (IA, IL, MI, MN). The program serves individual commuters who drive, ride, or bike, as well as employers to help improve air quality, reduce congestion, and provide ‘green’ alternative commuting options and programs.
Monona Terrace features a 600-space, cashier-operated parking structure, which is accessible via East Wilson Street and the eastbound lanes of John Nolen Drive. Short-term and all-day public parking is provided throughout downtown Madison in various structures and lots. On-street parking is also available for short-term parking in central Madison.
Click here to view the Monona Terrace parking map.
There are nine bicycle parking racks at Monona Terrace:
- One on each side of the main pedestrian building entrance at Wilson Street/Olin Terrace level.
- One on each side of the main pedestrian entrance off of the automobile/bus drive through lane on the top deck of the parking ramp.
- One on the top deck and one on the lower deck of the parking ramp at the West end of the building (near the stair tower).
- One on the East and West ends of the building at Lake Monona level off of the bicycle/pedestrian path.
- One in the East loading dock area close to the parking ramp helix on the lake side.
Disabled parking stalls are available at no cost for Monona Terrace event parking on the upper drive-through/drop-off level near the parking meter areas on both sides of Monona Terrace. Disabled parking stalls are available for a charge on the lower parking level in front of the Level Three entrance. Curb cuts are located in close proximity to accessible parking and make travel to the building convenient.